My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1000S locked up on INSTALLATION WIZARD

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sound2air

I had cause to go back to the FACTORY DEFAULT last night. However the re-boot process only gets as far as the INSTALLATION WIZARD text scrolling on the 1000s display. Obviously tried powering down for sometime and re-starting without success, so a total lockout. Anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 9:17:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Anything displayed on tv?

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 9:49:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sound2air

Thanks Barry. As you plug in the power supply, you initially get the HUMAX and FREESAT logos on the screen. The Humax display then says STARTING the screen goes blank and then you get to the INSTALLATION WIZARD text scrolling across the Humax display - and that's where the story ends!

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 11:14:03 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

So nothing on tv display after the freesat and Humax splash screens?

If connected via HDMI then it looks like a handshaking issue, could you try scart connection, and see if you can complete the installation process.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 11:56:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

I had this problem, in my case it was the hdmi pin that controls tv link sorry cant remember pin number but you should find it from my links. Cut this pin and all should be ok.
    Sorry it was pin 13. I cut the cable rather than break the pin.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 12:23:34 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sound2air

Old flavour Panasonic TV no HDMI only Scart connection......

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 12:27:42 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How many cables have you, one or two ? If only one make sure it's connected to tuner 1 in. If two it may be worth swapping the cables. Check the f connectors are firmly screwed onto the cables if they aren't the compression type.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 12:43:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sound2air

Problem resolved. It was 'handshake' that was the clue. The scart from the Humax went via an auto video selection switcher. It's been plugged through this unit since day one, and I've successfully reset the Humax to its factory default via the unit several times. However on this occasion it only reset by plugging the scart directly into the tv (using the same scart lead). Having seen the 'splash' screen initially appear I assumed that the box was happily terminated. And the moral is double check the basics before assuming firmware/software issues.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 13:02:53 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.