My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1000s locking up on latest firmware

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahellary

i have a 1000s that around 16 months old .... i think

i thought the hd was failing as the unit would not do anything if you went to recordings or the system settings menu in fact it would do nothing at all with anything to do with the hd

so i took the hd out and put it on the pc and wiped the partitions ... yes i knew all recordings would be lost put it back and still the same .... so i found on humaxs beta site a very old firmware v 1.0.22 and load that manually and the box realized the hd wasnt formatted and did the format

all worked fine box was responsive..... then i decided to update the software via ota and the box started to lock up and not respond to any hd access

i think the new version is 2.00.22

any advise/ help would be much appreciated .... i still think the hd may be iffy but id rather like a reliable box back also if some has a newer (2.x) firmware they would be willing to share that would be good also

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 6:20:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahellary

more info ..... i put the older firmware back and it responded again so i think there is something re the new firmware .... has any one got diffrent versions i can try

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 8:22:01 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Your best option would of been to contact Humax for a repair considering the unit still falls within the 2 year Humax Warranty period, but seing as you've opened it up and removed the HDD you've now voided that option.
    There is no other firmware to try other than the available beta firmware and whatever gets downloaded to the box automatically.
    Have you tried a factory default?
    You possibly do have a failed HDD so the only other option you could possibly try is a new HDD. A couple of guys here have installed this HDD WD AV-GP 2TB.
    Or failing that give Humax a call and see what they say.

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 8:47:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahellary

i thought it was only a year hey ho i may give them a ring later

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 8:55:21 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One thing you could try is to disconnect the HD and power up and then try to download firmware.

Don't know it will work on this model but the Foxsat was quite happy without a HD and one initial popup.

Echo the reset to factory default as it might not be the HD.

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 10:58:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahellary

will give it a whirl later

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 11:18:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ahellary

i did as you said disconnected the drive and after the up date still the same .... i reloaded the old firmware did a factory reset and reloaded the new update still the same again so its the unit rather than the hd

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 16:20:42 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Based upon a number of posts I rather suspect that the update has increased error checking for HD problems that have already occurred. However I think you have tried sufficient. Ask for a replacement.

Before returning it I would restate the newer firmware, reset and power cycle it.

For our info can you confirm that, after disconnecting the HD, you were able to update firmware and watch TV, as this is the first time someone has tried with a HDR-10x0S.

| Tue 29 Apr 2014 16:32:50 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.