My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1000S record padding(?)

(7 posts)
  1. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

I could have sworn that the Humax had(?) the ability to pad out recordings, and pretty sure I had set 5mins before and 10mins after the programme time. Indeed, I checked recent recordings of 'Outback Truckers' which were all 1hr 15mins running time, yet 'Tipping Point' has recently only been recording for 1hr (and always cutting off the contestant introductions).

Just can't find the time padding under any of the settings though.

| Mon 25 Sep 2017 18:54:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing you are looking while the box is recording (as is mine at the moment) so the option isn't available. Be aware that using padding disables Accurate Recording so you lose the ability for the broadcaster to adjust the start and end times. On the other hand some broadcasters aren't good at it. In respect of Tipping Point I haven't had an issue with AR on ITV-HD or any of the other HD channels in months.

If you have an issue with a specific broadcaster it's safer to set a manual timer with built in padding and enable a suitable repeat pattern and leave the start and end times at auto.

| Mon 25 Sep 2017 19:21:14 #2 |
  3. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Thanks graham, I think it probably was recording at the time. And since I normally record Tipping Point on the SD ITV channel, I will give the HD version a go based on your findings.

cheers.

| Mon 25 Sep 2017 22:39:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

joe pineapples - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks graham, I think it probably was recording at the time. And since I normally record Tipping Point on the SD ITV channel, I will give the HD version a go based on your findings.
    cheers.

Check -settings - general settings - recording - start padding time is set to auto and end padding time is set to auto as well. If for some reason you wish to record the the SD version I have no reason to imagine the outcome will be any different other than the lower picture quality given a HD TV connected by HDMI. Even with a SD TV connected by scart the HD channel downscaled to SD looks superior on a half decent TV,

| Mon 25 Sep 2017 23:10:09 #4 |
  5. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Been recording more Tipping Point episodes (SD) since my last post, with padding set to 'auto' and so far so good. Whilst live monitoring them, noticed it starting 1 or 2mins early (according to Humax system clock), but the record function has kicked in each time around the 'and now on itv' bit. Can't fault that.

| Thu 28 Sep 2017 13:45:53 #5 |
  6. joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Well just recently on 'auto' start, it began cutting the intro off again so switched back to using 5mins pre-start, which lasted for a few weeks, then that started cutting it off the beginning too. 'Amateur hour' springs to mind, with a Freesat re-write to 'Amateur 55mins'.

| Tue 13 Feb 2018 10:26:12 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

joe pineapples - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well just recently on 'auto' start, it began cutting the intro off again so switched back to using 5mins pre-start, which lasted for a few weeks, then that started cutting it off the beginning too. 'Amateur hour' springs to mind, with a Freesat re-write to 'Amateur 55mins'.

AR has gone wrong both on ITV and the BBC recently.

Several threads about this.

| Tue 13 Feb 2018 11:46:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.