My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S 1TB... dodgy remote control???

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Altairst8te74a

9months of fairly ok service from our 1010s 1tb box! Then one day the remote control decides to play up. I will try and explain this. I can start the 1010s from the front panel and change channels etc. The remote refuses to work so I hold any of the buttons down on it and wait. After what seems an age it will suddenly decide to work and control the box. In the meantime I stumble upon a faulty Foxsat box and find its remote is 100% compatible with the 1010s. Straight off the bat it works, every single time without fail! Big smile on my face as the 1010s is fine after all, its just the remote? why? batteries changed and it still plays up? is there any logic to this... also I now know why the foxsat hdr is one of the best freesat recorders humax ever put out. Just fed it with some raydon goodness. Best couple of quid ive ever spent on something sold as faulty

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 1:02:26 #1 |
  2. andyfras

andyfras

Have you tried pointing the remote at a digital camera? You'll be able to see if there is any IR being transmitted, and can check each button. It's not uncommon for the IR LED to fail, or become weak. I've replaced the IR LED in several remotes.

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 10:16:00 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.