My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S-Cannot connect 2 LNB's.

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimopg

I have just installed my new 1010S.

1.I have 2 LNB cables to connect to my HDR1010s.

2.If I connect only one cable to the 1010S I can receive every channel.No Problem

3.If I connect BOTH LNB's to the 1010S I can no longer receive every channel.Many channels have the message "the receiver cannot receive this channel due to a weak signal or missing signal.

4.However without touching the 1010S if via the remote control I select Settings>General Settings>Input.Initially there is no signal indicated on say Tuner 1.
    Then after a few seconds the signal strength returns on display and the channel is displayed OK.Everything is fine without touching the 1010S

I would appreciate if you could shed any light on this problem.
    Thanks,

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 9:54:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

First thing to check is that the f connectors are securely fited to the coax cables. Make sure that a whisker of screen is not touching the core conductor. It may be the second cable has a short circuit. Connecting by only the second cable should reveal this.

Next in Settings System Information - Signal Info Does it say Freesat box connected with 2 cables ?

If only one, power off and switch the input cables. Now do a factory reset, and repeat the above.

Do you have another satellite box connected to other lnb outputs ?

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 13:26:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimopg

During factory reset in  step 2 -I get "good" for strength and quality on both  tuner 1 and tuner 2. 208 channels are found.
    When set up finishes if I go to settings>system information>signal info I see both tuner 1 and tuner 2 all showing "good" &  "Freesat box connected with 2 cable."

When I go to view all  channels some are unavaible and for those  I get the message "the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak"

If I then go to settings >system information>signal information I see that both tuner 1 & tuner 2 are working find with "good" levels and the channel I was previously unable to watch now is available.

I hope this clarifies the problem and I appreciate your help.

Jim

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 17:42:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimopg

Sorry there sre no other stb connected.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 17:43:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The system information only gives you the signal data for the channel you are watching. To display the info for a channel you can't get you have to be actually tuned to it.

Download one of the manual versions from here

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Check one programme from each transponder in the list, post which programmes/transponders you can't get.

If you then select these transponders using the transponder select pull down in manual tune it will tell you actual signal strength and quality for that transponder.

It's looking like a dish alignment issue.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 18:03:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimopg

If I understand you are suggesting I download a list of programs and transponders and check what's working.

However I cannot find any way of manually tuning on the 1010s.I have read the limited manual and googled it without success.

Can you please advise how I can do this and run through the transponers/ channels.

Thanks again.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 19:25:09 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

jimopg - 58 minutes ago  » 
    If I understand you are suggesting I download a list of programs and transponders and check what's working.
    However I cannot find any way of manually tuning on the 1010s.I have read the limited manual and googled it without success.
    Can you please advise how I can do this and run through the transponers/ channels.
    Thanks again.

You need to put the box into non-Freesat mode and then manually search the individual transponders.
    IMO you'd be better off getting someone round to see if your dish is miss-aligned or if you have a faulty LNB or cabling.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 20:29:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.