My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S Freezing - Noticed fan isnt running

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrantB

Hello,

I'm after some help. Our HDR-1010S/GB/1TB has now started playing up big time.

When switched in it runs as normal for around 2 minutes then freezes with a flickering screen. At this point nothing at all works, the only thing I can do is switch the system off at the power outlet.

It then wont power up at all unless I leave it for 10 to 15 mins. The shorter time I leave it, the less time it will run before freezing up.

I noticed that the cooling fan isn't running. I'm not sure if it should be running so soon into its operation, however the symptoms sound like its an overheating related problem.

It's a few years old and well out of its warranty period so I'd like to have a decent understanding of the fault before I hand it over to someone to fix.

Any thoughts?

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 9:45:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Could be a hard disk issue. You could try disconnecting the hard disk and see if it runs OK as a non pvr box. In some cases disconnecting and re-connecting the hard disk has cure similar issues.

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 11:31:15 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Also worth a reset to default. Your loose you schedule but not the recordings.

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 14:44:27 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.