My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S Humax newbie

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andre

Owned a 1010S for 7 days. My experiance so far scores 9. UI and duo tuner performance is outstanding.
    However, I do have a couple of niggles.
    1) Why are the myHumax.net TV Apps not compatable with the 1010S?
    2) WiFi On Demand links work fine (except YouTube that went belly up in the past week). I expected linking the 1010S to my Sony EX 503 TV via an Ethernet cable would provide it with an Internet connection. It does not. Direct Ethernet connection from my broadband modem to the TV works fine. Is this a hardware or firmware problem.
    3) So far my only UI niggle is with the remote. I am accoustomed to switching channels via the numeric keys and would like to switch back to the originating channel using the "Back" key. Obviously this function would only be evoked if the new channel selection had been made via the key pad.

All responses will be gratefully recieved and acknowledged.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 18:30:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

"...I expected linking the 1010S to my Sony EX 503 TV via an Ethernet cable would provide it with an Internet connection."

What made you think that?

"...I am accoustomed to switching channels via the numeric keys and would like to switch back to the originating channel using the "Back" key. Obviously this function would only be evoked if the new channel selection had been made via the key pad."

The "Back" key on the R/C does not perform that function. There is currently no way to switch to the previous channel using a form of return/back key.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 18:37:05 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    "...I expected linking the 1010S to my Sony EX 503 TV via an Ethernet cable would provide it with an Internet connection."
    What made you think that?
    "...I am accoustomed to switching channels via the numeric keys and would like to switch back to the originating channel using the "Back" key. Obviously this function would only be evoked if the new channel selection had been made via the key pad."
    The "Back" key on the R/C does not perform that function. There is currently no way to switch to the previous channel using a form of return/back key.

"expected linking the 1010S to my Sony EX 503 TV via an Ethernet cable would provide it with an Internet connection. It does not."

To echo but expand on Pollensa1946's comment - this is simply not possible for Humax to do (basic networking).

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 19:49:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Connect the ethernet port in your TV to one port on a high speed internet switch, another to the cable to your router. Connect the cable from 1010S to another. It should then share the cable to your router.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.Xhigh+speed+internet+switch&_nkw=high+speed+internet+switch&_sacat=0&_from=R40

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 20:23:30 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.