My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S Not Turning On

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could help. MY 1010S just refused to turn on - it's worked perfectly since I've had it (several months now) and it's always plugged in at the mains and powered on. Whether that's relevant or not, I don't know, but just a moment ago it wouldn't respond to any button presses on the remote or unit itself. Disconnecting the power (and a USB pen drive inserted in the front) and reconnecting got it to start as it normally does, I left the room for a second to find it had turned itself off. Turning it on again using the button on the front of the unit resolved this and it now seems to be working fine.

Does anyone have any ideas - just a one-off glitch or something else? I've done some reading here and there seem to be some issues following a recent firmware update.

Thanks for reading.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 17:58:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The box always turns itself off on the first boot after the power has been removed. It turns on and restarts the clock and then goes back to sby.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 18:36:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

OK, thanks for that. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't respond in the first place?

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 18:39:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hoops - 1 minute ago  » 
    OK, thanks for that. Do you have any idea why it wouldn't respond in the first place?

No but I don't think the USB device is relevant. Turning off the power seems to fix some very odd situations.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 18:42:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Thanks once again for the benefit of your wisdom! I'll chalk this down to a one-off.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 18:46:18 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hoops - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks once again for the benefit of your wisdom! I'll chalk this down to a one-off.

Presumably the box was in sby when the lock up occurred.

Roughly how long was it in sby from the last time it was on or recording ?

What was the last thing you recorded before the lock up ? Was the recording made from sby or was the box on and you were viewing at the time and you put it in sby later on.

If it happens again or to someone else the info could perhaps be useful in identifying a pattern.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 18:57:43 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

After several months of working fine could it be HDMI-CEC Graham?
    Doubtful but power cycles seem to always cause units to forget the CEC status.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 19:48:26 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 7 minutes ago  » 
    After several months of working fine could it be HDMI-CEC Graham?
    Doubtful but power cycles seem to always cause units to forget the CEC status.

Can you change the CEC status on the Box ?. Only way appears to be on the TV (the destination device). It's turned of on my Sony Bravia as for anyone with a box connected via a AV amp it's a pain in the neck. Lot's of times I want the box on and the TV off.

1 Listening to the radio
    2 Watching remotely using a rf modulator

are two that come to mind

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 20:00:37 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.