My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S Remote alternatives

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HugeMax

Hi all,

Is there any recommended alternatives to the Humax remote that comes with the system? Or would my choice of all-in-one be fine?

Don't suppose the volume issues (have to switch to TV to turn up the volume, as the STB setting is useless) are fixed by any particularly clever set ups?

Thanks

| Sun 10 May 2015 13:32:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A Logitech harmony remote allows the volume control to be assigned to anything you want. (Your TV in this case).

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 10 May 2015 14:07:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

I've been using a Logitech Harmony 650 to run the TV, Humax box and Bose solo box. Does them all effortlessly once you have it programmed up. The programming bit is not overly difficult but a bit long winded if the remote has to learn a new command. The real benefit is that you don't have to keep switching between the boxes. I get the occasional volume blip, but very seldom.

| Mon 11 May 2015 17:22:05 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I'm using a One For All Smart 6+3 (URC-7960), controls what I want and how I want them controlled.

| Mon 11 May 2015 20:18:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HugeMax

Thanks all - it seems that one-for-all remotes have come a long way since I last owned one! Some of the Logitech stuff looks very fancy, however, with a young child I think I best stay away from the touch screen ones for now...

Thanks again

| Fri 15 May 2015 15:21:40 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.