My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S viewing capabilities

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

With my 9200 on free view I can record 2 programmes simultaneously on the PVR (AV channel) whilst watching a 3rd on the TV as there is an aerial connection from the tummy.

I am now told that the new freesat PVRs have automatic tuning. Because of my location between 2 transmitters I have to tune manually so will have to get dished up and get Freesat instead.

What I would like to know is if I get a Freesat TV and a 1010S will there be sufficient satellite leads for me to record 2 on the box and watch a 3rd on the TV as all I can see is an HD lead between them.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 14:49:17 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

If you intend on using both the Freesat tuner in the TV and a HDR1010s then you will require 3 cables coming from the dish to the viewing location. (1 cable for TV, 2 cables for 1010s)
    So if you get a dish installed make sure it has at least a Quad LNB fitted to it.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 15:27:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

Thanks very much for that. I am not technically minded and wasn't sure if that was the answer. So its a quad LNB with 2 cables for PVR and 1 for TV.
    I will be sorry to part company with my old 9200 but look forward to a new box of tricks.
    Again, thanks.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 15:59:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

guygrand - 1 hour ago  » 
    With my 9200 on free view I can record 2 programmes simultaneously on the PVR (AV channel) whilst watching a 3rd on the TV as there is an aerial connection from the tummy.
    I am now told that the new freesat PVRs have automatic tuning. Because of my location between 2 transmitters I have to tune manually so will have to get dished up and get Freesat instead.
    What I would like to know is if I get a Freesat TV and a 1010S will there be sufficient satellite leads for me to record 2 on the box and watch a 3rd on the TV as all I can see is an HD lead between them.

Can you clear up something ? Why can't you use a Humax Freeview+ HD pvr ? (All of these have a manual tuning capability to ensure reception from only a single transmitter).

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 16:11:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

guygrand - 3 hours ago  » 
    I am now told that the new freesat PVRs have automatic tuning.

Do you mean Freesat? Youview boxes don't have manual tuning but the Humax Freeview HD models do (HDR-2000T and HDR-1800T and the older HDR-FOX T2 only available second had or refurbished).

Because of my location between 2 transmitters I have to tune manually so will have to get dished up and get Freesat instead.

Humax have done work on the tuning algorithms for Freeview since the 9200 so you MIGHT find it works properly for you without a manual tune. At one point in the development it worked really well for us but the latest version doesn't work as well and I manually tune. Other people find automatic tuning with the latest software versions works well for them.

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 18:43:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

Martin - Yes I meant Freeview. I was not aware that Freeview HD models still had it. I assume it's the same procedure as on the 9200, i.e. find the mu and tune into each one. Many thanks

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 8:47:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

Graham mentioned the free view+HD PVR. Can someone tell me the model number of this one, it sounds like the answer to my problems. There is a sad lack of useful info on the humax website. All I want is an HD recorder that will record 2 while I watch a 3rd on the TV. Not too interested in the bells & whistles as I shall probably get a smart TV with all that on at the same time.

Thanks for all your help so far - the fog is clearing - if someone could direct me to the right model with manual tuning capability.

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 8:53:52 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

guygrand - 1 hour ago  » 
    Graham mentioned the free view+HD PVR. Can someone tell me the model number of this one, it sounds like the answer to my problems. There is a sad lack of useful info on the humax website. All I want is an HD recorder that will record 2 while I watch a 3rd on the TV. Not too interested in the bells & whistles as I shall probably get a smart TV with all that on at the same time.
    Thanks for all your help so far - the fog is clearing - if someone could direct me to the right model with manual tuning capability.</blockquandote>

In order of age

HDR FOX T2, HDR1800T and HDR2000T. If you can find one I would go for a HDR FOX T2.

eg

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/Prod/e4cdfbf3-14c2-4f8f-ac60-b08241aeacef

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 10:55:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

guygrand - 2 hours ago  » 
    Graham mentioned the free view+HD PVR. Can someone tell me the model number of this one, it sounds like the answer to my problems.

If you read my post I have already quoted the model numbers of the current boxes: HDR-2000T and HDR-1800T; they are very similar with disk size being the main difference. I would suggest the HDR-2000T which if purchased new from Humax and the warranty registered online will have a two year warranty. The older HDR-FOX T2 is also an excellent box and can be further enhanced by installing custom firmware developed by the user community but you can't buy them new.

| Thu 18 Dec 2014 11:38:03 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.