My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1010S will not turn on, or record.

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

I posted this about a month ago on the end of an existing thread, but didn't get a single reply, so am trying again here. My 1010S is now 15 months old and has worked perfectly up to about 6 weeks ago, but now I am experiencing problems. Once the box has been in standby for a day or so then neither the remote control nor the front panel on/off switch will turn it on. I have even tried automatically turning it on at a set time using the power-on function, but it still will not turn on. The only solution is to unplug it and then restart it. I have also missed several recordings when this happens. I have tried resetting it to factory defaults but this does not solve the problem. Presumably this is a software issue. It is still under Humax 2 year warranty so if there is no simple fix then I shall have to contact them.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 20:07:00 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A software issue would cause widespread problems but you seem to be the only poster with the problem.
    As you have tried a reset I would contact Humax mentioning the problem and that you have tried a reset to default.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 7:09:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

Thanks for this. I'll email Humax customer support.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 9:03:29 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Better to Phone - that way you can answer any question right away.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 10:11:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shiralco

They did, in fact, email back immediately, but made no suggestions other than I return it under warranty. I am in the process of sorting that out now. Thanks.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 17:02:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robinc247

I have one of these boxes and it appears that there are problems which Humax are aware of but have not resolved in a long time since they were reported. I believe that Humax (if they have any sense of deccccency) should recall this model and replace it with a working equivalent.

Repeated calls and emails to their support desk result in responses like 'we are working on the problem' or 'we think the issue is related to the use of thhe Freetime app' which not many people are using, or 'we will replace the product if it is still in warranty'.

It appears that Humax are not in a rush to keep customers or stand behind the quality of their products. Shame on you.

| Sat 26 Nov 2016 16:50:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robinc247

P.S. I have issues with the hard drive and the remote often doesn't work unless I unplug the device and then plug it back in again.

| Sat 26 Nov 2016 16:52:15 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Robinc247 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I have one of these boxes and it appears that there are problems which Humax are aware of but have not resolved in a long time since they were reported. I believe that Humax (if they have any sense of deccccency) should recall this model and replace it with a working equivalent.
    Repeated calls and emails to their support desk result in responses like 'we are working on the problem' or 'we think the issue is related to the use of thhe Freetime app' which not many people are using, or 'we will replace the product if it is still in warranty'.
    It appears that Humax are not in a rush to keep customers or stand behind the quality of their products. Shame on you.

The 'missing' hard-disk issue is now understood by Humax.
    It is caused by a faulty (unspecified) hardware component.
    Anyone contacting Support now should get a rather different response.

| Sat 26 Nov 2016 16:57:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robinc247

Thanks for this Repassac, I will contact them and provide feedback once they have responded.

| Sat 26 Nov 2016 22:58:02 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.