My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s and Smart TV

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Hello from this newbie seeking help. My Humax is connected to my new Smart TV but the unit is not switched on, I was watching live TV. And after some time the Humax powered on but did not play and the programme I had been watching on TV turned off. The TV source had changed away from TV and had gone to Humax......Tried again several times with same result....time between events varies significantly. Tried a system reset on the Humax box but outcome still the same. Set up to watch programmes via Humax..... No problems. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix the issue?

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 9:28:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Symptoms would suggest HDMI CEC

Try turning the option off on your TV....

See HDMI CEC known as by Manufacturer for help in identifying what it might be called on your TV.

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 9:55:12 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly why is the Humax powering up. Do you have any recordings scheduled within the next 15 mins? or have the paired the unit with the Phone app for remote record?

I would think that HDMI-CEC (see FAQ's for TV band names) is doing the switching - try turning it off on your TV.

Barry was faster than me

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 9:59:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Thanks for the speedy response. I turned CEC off and the TV source mode seems ok

Thanks again

| Mon 25 Jul 2016 11:23:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Hi guys
    Turning off the CEC seems to have cured the problem...... Will doing this have any detrimental effects ?

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 7:41:19 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No, All it does it allow one device to turn on or off another and for the TV to auto select that input.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 9:48:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Hi again
    Strange......the CEC is turned off and everything has been ok but...... It started happening again... The Humax box powers up but does not play. Now I power up the Humax box before watching live TV and it seems to be working

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 14:19:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

This issue( and others) will not go away.

CEC turned off. Non CEC adaptor fitted but still the Humax box fires up and changes the viewing mode away from TV to STB !

There is a tremendous volume difference between T V mode and STB mode, the STB having the lowest volume. I adjust the volume up on the 1100s so that I am comfortable with the volume level and then change to a live TV programme, the volume is deafening. My TVs is a Samsung 7 series. Any help with any of this will be appreciated

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 16:49:00 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jim.h - 37 minutes ago  » 
    This issue( and others) will not go away.
    CEC turned off. Non CEC adaptor fitted but still the Humax box fires up and changes the viewing mode away from TV to STB !
    There is a tremendous volume difference between T V mode and STB mode, the STB having the lowest volume. I adjust the volume up on the 1100s so that I am comfortable with the volume level and then change to a live TV programme, the volume is deafening. My TVs is a Samsung 7 series. Any help with any of this will be appreciated

Is this the same with SD and HD channels ?

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 17:27:07 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim.h

Difference is on the same channel I.e BBC on T V is much louder than on the Humax box

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 18:03:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.