My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s box not starting

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Hello

One of my 1100s HDR boxes failed to start this morning, all I get is the freesat humax screen then a blank screen then the freesat humax screen. Am I correct in thinking this could be a hard drive failure ? Both boxes are 15 months old.

Thanks

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 9:23:01 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There are a lot of things this could be.
    Start by trying a reset to default.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 9:45:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Not sure how I can do that as it won't go past the first screen that just shows freesat humax. I've tried unplugging and leaving but the same thing happens. Don't seem to be getting any noise of the hard disc starting up either.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 10:06:32 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try the following:
    1. Swap power supplies between your two units.
    2. Disconnect the network and LNB connections.
    3. Power up.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 11:18:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Just swapped boxes over and the one from the study works in the lounge but the faulty one still doesn't work in the study. When I plug the power supply in there is no noise from the box and this is without any other connections to the box. I've emailed Humax asking if the box can be repaired or do I just bin it, unfortunately as its 15 months old I don't expect Humax will replace FOC.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 13:10:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

If you registered it for the 24 months guarantee then they will replace it, probably with a refurbished unit. If you did not register then you are out of luck.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 13:50:17 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If it is out of warranty open the unit and disconnect the disk SATA and power connectors. These units will boot without a hard disk.

If it still fails to boot it could be worth re-installing the firmware.

My guess is the problem is a boot task stuck for some reason.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 14:45:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Phoned Humax this am and they confirmed hard disc failure. They asked if I'd tried switching off then on again but stated that they'd never known this to work given the symptoms I'd described, sent me a guarantee claim form so will hopefully get a replacement. Think I might buy another recon box from Humax direct as a spare for when the other one fails, not sure if I can as I bought a recon for my Daughter a month ago.

| Mon 14 Aug 2017 11:57:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

Good news, Humax are changing box FOC on Monday. Have a spare refurbed 500GB box now but will probably use it to replace the Sky HD box in the kitchen as I no longer have the Sky subscription so unable to record.

| Fri 18 Aug 2017 15:35:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickcc

O well spoke too soon. Replacement unit arrived Monday and worked ok until this evening. Now has no light on front and of course no signal. Good job I bought the refurbished unit last week or would have had to rely on my Fire sticks. Power supply is ok as spare box works ok.

| Wed 23 Aug 2017 19:56:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.