My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S Media playback

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tribz

Hi there,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on an 1100S and I wonder if you could give me some advice on the USB media playback and Streaming?

What I'd like to do it put all my daughter childrens programs onto a USB stick and let her play them from that. I can convert these to whatever format the Humax can play.

I'd also like to be able to play back from my Plex server. Can the media playback from a Plex DLNA server and is it any good at streaming?

Many thanks,
    tribz

| Wed 5 Aug 2015 13:17:18 #1 |
  2. Gravy

Gravy

My 1100s will play Mp4s from a USB stick insrted into the side USB slot. I've not tried any other formats yet.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 10:58:29 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

.ts is the native format for the unit.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 13:25:46 #3 |
  4. woodz

woodz

I have Plex installed on a MAC and can play back through Media sharing DNLA.

I found it would only work if I added the media from a folder into Plex, rather than using channels.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 15:01:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tribz

Just an update on this. I received it last week and so far its been brilliant. Its played back everything in great quality from my Plex server. It finds it on the network quick in the Humax section. It doesnt resume from where you left off which is one negative but its quick to jump forward to the point you were last at.

Playback from USB has also been fine playing back mp4 and x264 files. It even allowed me to copy the files of the USB and onto a folder on the hard drive which has been useful for quick access to some kiddies programs.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing I've having problems with is the remote, especially the positioning of pause, play, stop and also the lack of TV audio control punch through when in STB mode. I'm hoping a new Harmony 350 remote will fix both of these problems for me.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 15:12:31 #5 |
  6. woodz

woodz

tribz - 17 minutes ago  » 
    The only thing I've having problems with is the remote, especially the positioning of pause, play, stop and also the lack of TV audio control punch through when in STB mode. I'm hoping a new Harmony 350 remote will fix both of these problems for me.

I Agree tribz... I'm find the remote a bit "Clicky" on the circular section. It also winds the wife up me clicking it all the time as well

Having the DNLA client on it was a nice surprise, I wasn't expecting the box to do that. I do find if you have a lot of albums it can take just over a minute to read them all in.

Tried it last night with a few home videos... very impressed.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 15:34:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tribz

Ah yes, the clicking on the remote. Not sure how I forgot that lol!

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 15:53:06 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.