My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S Remote switches on TV but doesn't switch off

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

Have a new 1100S working well except remote after STB button pressed turns Humax and TV on OK but on powering off with the Humax remote only the Humax box is turned off. The TV (Samsung) has to be turned off separately either with the TV's own remote or by pressing the TV button on the Humax remote and powering off. Any ideas anyone?

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 9:11:03 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Without HDMI-CEC being turned on within your TV's setup options you would need to select the device first STB or TV on the Humax remote. HDMI-CEC modifies this behaviour so that turning your TV off will also turn the Humax off.

HDMI-CEC is called different things by different manufactures and is controlled via your TV's setup options.

See the FAQ's for HDMI-CEC Brand names

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 10:11:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

Thanks REPASSAC. Does this mean I will have to control the on/off of both TV and STB via the TV remote? I was hoping to manage just using the Humax remote and be able to leave the TV remote alone.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 15:24:38 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It seems that HDMI-CEC is a bit variable by brand and I have seen posts complaining that, for them, switching off the Humax also turned off the TV when they still wanted to watch the TV.

As you have found you can just use the Humax remote, you just also have to press the TV button first as well.

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 16:18:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

Thanks - will continue with button pressing - not a big deal - just thought I might be missing something obvious. Thanks for your very useful input

| Thu 15 Sep 2016 17:10:36 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.