My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S software upgrade issue

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

enigma1

I have just installed a new HDR 1100S - 500gb freesat box, and noticed that netflix was not within the on demand area.
    The software was basically out of date and needed upgrading to the latest version.
    However, going to settings and pressing the search for update option only resulted in a 'no software updates to install' message.
    The software is the July 02.46 version.

My network/internet is all fine, all the other on demand services work, checking my wireless internet within the settings all seems fine.

So, everything is fine except for the fact that I do not seem to be able to update the software for some reason.

Any ideas anyone?

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 13:46:41 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Latest version is on a phased rollout so you may have to wait for IP download.

Alternatively you could upgrade to latest version using USB..

See:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/got-freesat/fix-a-problem/tv-hdmi-issues

This is no longer in beta, and is the latest publically released software version.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 13:53:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

enigma1

Ah, so even though there was an update in december, I may not be getting anything because they are rolling out another update at the moment?

As in, remove december update, add new update, drip feed out to users, kind of scenario?

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 13:56:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

My HDR1000/HB1000 boxes are still telling me there is no update so presumably it will reach us eventually.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 14:09:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

enigma1

Ah ok, so I am stuck with the old non netflix set up until it upgrades, unless I download and install it myself.

Thanks for your help

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 14:11:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

enigma1

Right, so I have installed the update manually and it all went smoothly, and says that I am now on the updated version.

BUT, now I can't get into showcase or on demand at all, as it says (in both cases) that these are installing and should take no longer than a minute.

I have put back into standby and switched back on again, same thing.

Any ideas?

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 15:11:05 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

enigma1 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Right, so I have installed the update manually and it all went smoothly, and says that I am now on the updated version.
    BUT, now I can't get into showcase or on demand at all, as it says (in both cases) that these are installing and should take no longer than a minute.
    I have put back into standby and switched back on again, same thing.
    Any ideas?

Leave it switched on and tuned to BBC 1 HD. If no change in say an hour, do a factory reset.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 15:24:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

enigma1

Thanks for that, but in the meantime I had switched of my hub and my freesat box at the mains, waited 20 secs, then rebooted everything.

It seemed to have made no difference at first, then it all appeared as if by magic.

sorted.

| Wed 20 Jan 2016 15:38:45 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.