My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S Won't turn on

(4 posts)
  1. skiday

skiday

Hello.

Yesterday my 1100S, which has given sterling service till now, decided it would not turn on. The red standby light was lit, but neither the remote nor pressing the power button would turn it on. I took the power cable out and plugged it back in, but now there is no light at all (the HDMI and sat cables are still in). I know it is not a matter or the external power adaptor not working because the Humax is getting warm (actually quite warm just as it always has done, by the X of Humax on the top of the box). The only thing unusual of late is that I had it set to record all BBC1 Olympics so that may have take the HDD to 100% full.

The question is: As Humax don't do paid repairs, is there someone you can recommend sending the box to for possible repair? If it cannot be repaired is it possible to take the HDD out of mine and put it into a replacement 1100S so I can get all my programmes back?

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 11:10:54 #1 |
  2. skiday

skiday

I have just found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkW_6QPgV4M

and think that it must be worth a try. I have a bottle of "Lötwasser" which translates from German to "Soldering water" which came with a soldering iron. I'm thinking that must be liquid flux. If so, I'm in business.

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 11:46:52 #2 |
  3. skiday

skiday

well, I tried it - and it didn't work. Red light did come on, but when I went to turn it on a tiny micro flame and smoke came from one of the diodes or whatever on the motherboard. And that it seems, is that.

| Fri 11 Feb 2022 0:27:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

landyoneten

Hello All.

I am new to this site so thought that I would introduce myself.

As a qualified Electronics Engineer and Humax enthusiast, I have worked with Humax boxes for many years and have gained a good knowledge and experience with them.

I have joined this forum to help others with identifying and resolving issues and I have recently began my own small business doing electronics repairs of all varieties.

The bulk of my work has been with Humax boxes particularly the HDR-1100S no power/recording/signal issues as well as many others.

Please do get in touch if I can help in any way, whether its just for a chat or to arrange a repair.

Thanks,
    Matt

| Wed 20 Dec 2023 22:37:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.