My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800T - New User Questions

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

I have had my PVR for a week now and it's been a bit of a steep learning curve. Haven't tackled the dongle yet - thought I'd get my head round the basics first, so I'll be back later with questions about that

I'm finding it very difficult to see parts of the screen and wonder if there is somewhere in the settings where it can be adjusted? When I'm on the Programme Guide screen - the list of channels down the left-hand side and the times across the top are very feint. Also the titles for the four coloured buttons at the bottom (although I'll get to know these obviously).

The programmes which have been recorded are nicely collected in folders but the dates/times of the individual recordings are, again, very feint.

Another point about the files in folders - they are listed with the latest at the top of the list. Is it possible to have the list the other way round so the first programme recorded is first when you open the folder?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 8:39:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sadie - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm finding it very difficult to see parts of the screen and wonder if there is somewhere in the settings where it can be adjusted?

The only settings on the Humax are the screen aspect ratio and Display format which are both in Menu button>Settings>Preferences>Video.

If adjusting these doesn't fix the problem then there will be similar settings on the TV.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 11:27:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

OK, thanks. I'll have a fiddle with the TV settings, see if that improves things.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 11:45:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

I'm getting really fed up with this device now.

I like to record a series then watch a number of the episodes at one sitting.

I scheduled The Indian Doctor series, and have 5 episodes to watch - I have just noticed that the episode for 7th "Failed to Track". This has now happened half a dozen times since I bought the PVR (a week ago).

I have emailed CS but if they can't sort it out I'm sending this back.

Can anybody suggest a solution as I doubt CS will get back to me for a couple of days, and I'd rather not miss any more programmes.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 13:32:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sadie - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Can anybody suggest a solution as I doubt CS will get back to me for a couple of days, and I'd rather not miss any more programmes.

The overwhelmingly most likely reason for this is that your HDR-1800T is tuned to channels from a mix of transmitters,instead of jut one, and when it fails to track it is because it is looking for the programme to start from the wrong transmitter.

See the following post which on the surface has a different issue to you but the cause and the solution is the same:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 14:29:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Thank you - my transmitter is Crystal Palace, although Hannington is nearer I know I get a much better signal from CP and my local aerial chap set up my aerial accordingly. All my neighbours too are on CP as I queried this when I had the new aerial fitted.

There are 9 channel numbers and 3 of them are followed by a minus sign: 30-; 28-; 29-.

When I did the manual search I got the message "no channel found" for 33 and 35. So out of 9 channels listed on the link for CP, I actually only was able to tune 4. Would that be expected?

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 15:06:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sadie - 16 minutes ago  » 
    When I did the manual search I got the message "no channel found" for 33 and 35. So out of 9 channels listed on the link for CP, I actually only was able to tune 4.

Did you set Transmission Type to DVB-T2 for 33 and 35? For 30-; 28-; 29-. just use the numbers 30,28 and 29 (30 is DVB-T2, the other two are DVB-T).

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 15:26:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Martin Liddle - 4 minutes ago  » 

Sadie - 16 minutes ago  » 
    When I did the manual search I got the message "no channel found" for 33 and 35. So out of 9 channels listed on the link for CP, I actually only was able to tune 4.

Did you set Transmission Type to DVB-T2 for 33 and 35? For 30-; 28-; 29-. just use the numbers 30,28 and 29 (30 is DVB-T2, the other two are DVB-T).

Ah! Back to the drawing board. I'll have to start again - I've just put all my schedules back in - I suppose I can't just retune those 5?

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 15:35:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sadie - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Ah! Back to the drawing board. I'll have to start again - I've just put all my schedules back in - I suppose I can't just retune those 5?

Yes you can retune just those 5 in this specific case.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 16:03:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Martin Liddle - 6 minutes ago  » 

Sadie - 27 minutes ago  » 

Yes you can retune just those 5 in this specific case.

Thank you so much. Fingers crossed I don't lose any more recordings.

| Mon 11 Apr 2016 16:11:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.