My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800T - New User Questions

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Hmmm... lost another programme that I recorded last night. I'm still waiting for Humax to get back to me on this, so sadly the manual retuning wasn't successful.

Now another problem has occurred. In most cases I need to use sub-titles, and often the sub-titles are so out of sync as to make a nonsense of the programme. I'm getting fed up with having to stop, rewind, restart and with a bit of luck get them re-synced. They stay re-synced for a while then go again. I'm currently watching the BBC News and the sub-titles are all over the place, so it's not just pre-recorded programmes. I did a search on the forum for this problem and now see that others have experienced it too - although nobody appears to have found a solution.

I'm rapidly becoming disenchanted with this machine, and am seriously considering returning it.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 18:08:14 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sadie - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hmmm... lost another programme that I recorded last night. I'm still waiting for Humax to get back to me on this, so sadly the manual retuning wasn't successful.

Just before you manually retuned using each of the Crystal Place numbers did you make sure that there were no TV or Radio channels from the previous tuning still tuned-in? If there were then the manual tuning will not have had the desired effect.

Sadie - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Now another problem has occurred. In most cases I need to use sub-titles, and often the sub-titles are so out of sync as to make a nonsense of the programme. I'm getting fed up with having to stop, rewind, restart and with a bit of luck get them re-synced. They stay re-synced for a while then go again. I'm currently watching the BBC News and the sub-titles are all over the place, so it's not just pre-recorded programmes. I did a search on the forum for this problem and now see that others have experienced it too - although nobody appears to have found a solution.

Yes I too have found the sub-titles can be off. Providing I don't use the fast forward or rewind buttons it tends to be fine for me.
    There are some exceptions where they are broadcast out of sync on live or semi live programmes like BBC News! I find it hard to tell especial if I have paused TV or

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 18:19:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Just remembered something.

There is away that you can check that you are just tuned to Crystal Place.
    When nothing is being recorded try
    MENU > Settings > System > Signal Detection > right arrow (just to the right of OK)
    It should list most or all of the following and no others
    22, 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 33 and 35.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 18:25:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Thank you Luke. Yes, all programmes were cleared before I manually set the CP channels. Checked in the system as suggested, and those channels are the only ones listed.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 18:50:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Sadie - 4 hours ago  » 
    I'm rapidly becoming disenchanted with this machine, and am seriously considering returning it.

I have both the Freesat 1000s and the Freeview HDR200T the slightly larger version (storage wise) to the 1800T. An absolutely honest answer would be this - the 2000T doesn't do a bad job at what it does.

However, for my money I much prefer the Freesat box. For subtitles especially it's the best PVR from any manufacturer I have ever owned. They are instant and always in sync - one button press on the remote for on and one press for off. You wouldn't have an issue with tuning into other transmitters either. I can watch regional variations from anywhere in the UK on the Freesat box, something the 1800T can only dream about.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 23:00:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sadie - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thank you Luke. Yes, all programmes were cleared before I manually set the CP channels. Checked in the system as suggested, and those channels are the only ones listed.

That has definitely eliminated the usual suspect.

Is there a possibility that you had 3 programmes in the schedule that were trying to record at the same time? You can't normally set this up yourself by selecting programmes to record for]m the guide. What can happen is that the broadcaster moves a series form its usual time so that it then clashes with two recordings that you have already set up. You get no warning of this.

Moving on to another possibility, when you said that another programme was 'lost' was there no sign of it in Media?
    If there was and it said there was an issue did you go ahead and try and play it anyway?
    Or was it "Failed to Track" again.

Moving on yet once more to another possibility to consider. "Failed to track" can also occur when there is no signal from the aerial. This can happen if you have a powered amplifier and that is being accidently turned off at night, or the device which is powering the amplifier is turned off or is in economy mode.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 23:33:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Luke - 7 hours ago  » 

Sadie - 4 hours ago  » 

That has definitely eliminated the usual suspect.
    Is there a possibility that you had 3 programmes in the schedule that were trying to record at the same time? You can't normally set this up yourself by selecting programmes to record for]m the guide. What can happen is that the broadcaster moves a series form its usual time so that it then clashes with two recordings that you have already set up. You get no warning of this.
    Moving on to another possibility, when you said that another programme was 'lost' was there no sign of it in Media?
    If there was and it said there was an issue did you go ahead and try and play it anyway?
    Or was it "Failed to Track" again.
    Moving on yet once more to another possibility to consider. "Failed to track" can also occur when there is no signal from the aerial. This can happen if you have a powered amplifier and that is being accidently turned off at night, or the device which is powering the amplifier is turned off or is in economy mode.

I don't think any of the programmes had been moved. Programme "failed: conflicted with a higher priority programme". This was Creme de la Creme at 4 p.m. yesterday, with no other programmes scheduled; BUT the programme is there listed as 60mins, and is watchable - crazy.

Both episodes on 3rd & 10th on Ch.4 of Indian Summers "Failed to track" - listed but with 0 mins.

Cleopatra on the 8th on Ch.5 also "Failed to track" - listed but with 0 mins.

Midsummer Murders last night "failed to track" - again listed, but with 0mins.

I do have a powered amplifier but this is plugged into a separate power socket to the TV. I have always turned off the TV at night but left the amplifier on as I have the TV in my bedroom connected to the same aerial, and some of the programmes which failed to track were at times when I was in bed watching the other TV.

I could live with one programme missed in the 10 days I've had this but the above are just examples - there were others before I re-tuned manually which I can't remember now.

I think I shall just return this for a replacement. After having two 9150s, in different rooms, and only having occasional problems once the hard drive started to go in one of them after years of use, I'm a bit fed up, and I'd already bought the dongle for it. Not happy.

I am very grateful for all the help that has been offered but there must be something wrong with this particular unit. It is a refurbished one so perhaps it had been originally returned with similar problems and Humax failed to fix them.

| Wed 13 Apr 2016 7:36:17 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sadie - 6 hours ago  » 

Luke - 7 hours ago  » 
    I think I shall just return this for a replacement.

I would do the same as I don't know of a similar alternative recorder that is still being sold.

| Wed 13 Apr 2016 13:45:26 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

Sadie - 6 hours ago  » 

Luke - 7 hours ago  » 

I would do the same as I don't know of a similar alternative recorder that is still being sold.

I have already provided you with your best alternative - however as the saying goes 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'

| Wed 13 Apr 2016 16:36:11 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

Faust - 13 hours ago  » 

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

Sadie - 6 hours ago  » 

Luke - 7 hours ago  » 

I have already provided you with your best alternative - however as the saying goes 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'

I don't have satellite, nor want it, hence my purchase of a Freeview box.

| Thu 14 Apr 2016 6:42:17 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.