My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

2 Humax PVRs connected to the same TV

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LaVandula

We have 2 dishes, pointing at Astra 1 and Astra 2, and a Panasonic Viera TV. Each dish has 2 LNB feeds. We have a Humax Foxsat and have also just bought a Humax 5050, which is the French version of the Foxsat.

(When I was looking at my options for a box for the Astra 1 receiver I tried to find out what the dfferences were, and why the 5050 was so much more expensive, but the French email support line was pretty useless. I found out from other sources that the 5050 has a card slot for TNTSAT, which you would probably want, in order to get all the free-to-air French channels in HD. It's a card which you buy every few years, but there is no subscription to use it.)

I have them both connected to the 2 HDMI ports on the TV, and if both sets are powered up I can see each using the INPUT-AV button on the TV remote, which allows me to select various sources, including HDMI1 and HDMI2.

The issue is that the remote control for either box will work both of them at the same time, so one has to be powered down when the other is in use. I haven't yet wanted to do it, but there may be a time when I want to record a French programme whilst watching a UK one, or vice-versa. I think I am probably going to have to make a removeable cardboard mask or something for the infra-red receivers so I can have both sets on, but only one responding to the remote.

There may not be many people in this forum with the Humax 5050 but there might be one or two with 2 Humax boxes in the same room. I just wanted to check whether what I am thinking of doing makes sense, or if there is another way.

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 14:24:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LaVandula - 23 minutes ago  » 
    There may not be many people in this forum with the Humax 5050 but there might be one or two with 2 Humax boxes in the same room. I just wanted to check whether what I am thinking of doing makes sense, or if there is another way.

Perhaps this FAQ helps http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 14:49:18 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The procedure contained in the link Martin has provided should work, as a quick glance at the user manual for the 5050 reveals the remote appears to be the same model as we use in the UK for our Fox HDR T2 - RM-F04

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 15:08:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

It seems to me that the safe thing to do would be to change the frequency for the FOXSAT because we know the procedure works.

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 15:13:38 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

LaVandula - 2 hours ago  » I haven't yet wanted to do it, but there may be a time when I want to record a French programme whilst watching a UK one, or vice-versa.

If one of the boxes is in recording standby mode then it will still not responed to the remote control (other than the ON/OFF key of course).

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 16:46:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LaVandula

I tried changing frequency with the Foxsat and got "Failed changing remote control mode. Try again." I tried again, and again, and again....

Then I tried it with the 5050 and got "pas de chaine 0" (there is no channel zero). I tried this several times also - same result.

NB - I was careful to press both the zero and OK buttons simultaneously, as instructed in your link.

--------------------------------------meanwhile, back at the ranch---------

I just tried it again with the Foxsat and it finally worked. Many thanks for your help!

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 19:15:12 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.