My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T can't find internet.

(19 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

Don't use the portal very often, but now it won't find the internet
    Accepts "everything" including password, and tries to find it but won't connect.
    Tried pressing the button on the dongle and the button on our Virgin portal. Still won't connect. No problem with internet connection with the Sony Android TV it sits under.

Any help wqould be appreciated.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 11:26:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

How is the box connecting to the router. If WiFi try a cat5 patch cable ?

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 11:48:00 #2 |
  3. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for the response. It's by the wifi dongle. It's worked up til now for about 7 years.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 12:57:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 1 min ago  » 
    Thanks for the response. It's by the wifi dongle. It's worked up til now for about 7 years.

As the box and router are so close use a cat5 cable. It's way more reliable. A neighbours router may be clashing with yours.

£1:00 each for 5

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/1aTTack-Network-Patch-Cables-Twisted/dp/B004FEGBQO/ref=sr_1_5?crid=34BA6N3HBIBU9&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=1m+cat5+patch+cable&qid=1598616052&sprefix=1m+cat+5+%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-5

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 13:01:56 #4 |
  5. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks again.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 13:11:32 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 48 secs ago  » 
    Thanks again.

Try a pair of home plug adaptors.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 13:12:54 #6 |
  7. Doghouse

Doghouse

The router is in the lounge under the TV, which has a Virgin Tivo box.

The TV in the front room has a second Tivo box as well as the Humax. All other functions on the Humax work fine.
    The TV gets an internet connection via a powerline connection system via the mains, as the router is too far away for the TV to get it by wifi.

I can't understand the Humax was working with the dongle with an excellent signal for years and has now decided to stop working.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 15:40:19 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 1 hour ago  » 
    The router is in the lounge under the TV, which has a Virgin Tivo box.
    The TV in the front room has a second Tivo box as well as the Humax. All other functions on the Humax work fine.
    The TV gets an internet connection via a powerline connection system via the mains, as the router is too far away for the TV to get it by wifi.
    I can't understand the Humax was working with the dongle with an excellent signal for years and has now decided to stop working.

Try a mobile phone app that can check WiFi reception. It's possible a neighbour has a router that now is causing the issue.

No reason why you can't use a 2nd pair of homeplugs to hardwire the connection to the dongle connected box.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 16:55:48 #8 |
  9. Doghouse

Doghouse

I took the powerline out of the TV and put it into the Humax dongle socket and it worked. So I've ordered another pair. I guess the dongle must be US.

Will it work with powerline cables from the TV and the Humax into the mains, but in the other room with just one from the mains into the router?

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 19:05:44 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 54 mins ago  » 
    I took the powerline out of the TV and put it into the Humax dongle socket and it worked. So I've ordered another pair. I guess the dongle must be US.
    Will it work with powerline cables from the TV and the Humax into the mains, but in the other room with just one from the mains into the router?

Probably but there is a simpler alternative, using the pair you already have.

Use a 3 way or larger network switch. One patch cable into any two inputs from each box, the third output to powerline adaptor. Add any other kit to the the spare ports.

This one will allow 4 connections plus a spare.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-SF1005D-5-Port-Desktop-Ethernet/dp/B0766D8HZ3/ref=sr_1_3?crid=W1COHFU0FUGS&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=3+way+network+switch&qid=1598641600&sprefix=3+way+network+%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-3

I have a 16 way switch connecting all my kit over using a single pair of 300 Mbps powerline adaptors to my router.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 20:08:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.