My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T can't find internet.

(19 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that but I'll just try the one extra cable.

It's like a "snake pit" behind the TV already, as I've the Tivo box, the Humax, a CD/DVD player and a VHS player (I've a lot of vintage Film Noir on VHS) under there. The latter two have only scart connections so there's other stuff behind there to to convert these to USB, plus cables to my vintage Leak tuner amp and Goodmans speakers. So I can channel the audio from any of that lot through them.

| Fri 28 Aug 2020 21:22:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What do you actually use it for that benefits an Internet connection? I gave up on this bit of kit years ago as it was the worst internet connected device I’ve ever owned.

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 8:53:08 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 day ago  » 
    What do you actually use it for that benefits an Internet connection? I gave up on this bit of kit years ago as it was the worst internet connected device I’ve ever owned.

The catch up services are now nil on a 2000T. However there are still good reasons to have it connected, not to the internet but to a home network.

Can't discuss this here but I imagine the OP knows this.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 10:22:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » 

Faust - 1 day ago  » 

The catch up services are now nil on a 2000T. However there are still good reasons to have it connected, not to the internet but to a home network.
    Can't discuss this here but I imagine the OP knows this.

I'll have to take your word for that Graham. It was okay for copying material then using the material on other devices. However, for anything else I'm at a loss.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 10:28:44 #14 |
  5. Doghouse

Doghouse

As they say "each to their own."
    I just want to restore the facility of watching i>Player on my Humax. It's no more important than that. with an addition powerline connection replacing the faulty dongle, I should be able to do that. Beyond that I've no interest.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 11:25:16 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doghouse - 2 hours ago  » 
    I just want to restore the facility of watching i>Player on my Humax. It's no more important than that. with an addition powerline connection replacing the faulty dongle, I should be able to do that. Beyond that I've no interest.

I don't have the box but I thought the upgrade to HTML5 stopped iplayer working on these boxes. Anyone with one care to comment.

However there is a way to view HD recordings on other kit if the box is connected to your home network.

There is lots of ways of getting iplayer these days.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 14:27:18 #16 |
  7. Doghouse

Doghouse

You can't get YouTube on it, but you can get i>Player.

I can get You-Tube on my Sony Android.

It's done and dusted, let's move on.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 15:02:09 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Doghouse - 2 hours ago  » 

I don't have the box but I thought the upgrade to HTML5 stopped iplayer working on these boxes. Anyone with one care to comment.
    However there is a way to view HD recordings on other kit if the box is connected to your home network.
    There is lots of ways of getting iplayer these days.

Agreed Graham, I thought iPlayer was finished on the 2000T some time ago. TBH iPlayer has even gone flakey on our 2018 LG of late. It starts okay then about 10 minutes in it will stop with the message 'oops something went wrong'. Thank goodness for streaming devices which are far more reliable.

| Sun 30 Aug 2020 15:53:00 #18 |
  9. Doghouse

Doghouse

Just to contradict any other opinion....

My thanks to Graham for his suggestion.

I've just pluggesd in another powerline lead to the Humax, like the one I have in the Sony Android TV and the Humax found i-Player immediately, plus all the other apps except YouTube, which a screen message says as I knew, is no longer available as from last year.

So the dongle becomes unnecessary.

| Wed 2 Sep 2020 14:53:38 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.