My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T communication wth tv problem

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dean1811

Hi
    I have a new smart tv and a new Humax HDD 2000T. They are connected by Scart. I put both into standby at night. The problem I have is that the next day the Humax will not communicate with the tv unless I unplug the digi box and then plug it back in.
    Any suggestions really appreciated.
    Dean

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:46:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Can I ask why you are using a scart lead?

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:49:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dean1811

Is there. a reason I shouldn’t use a Scart lead ? It’s what I’ve always done with my digi boxes....

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:54:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dean1811 - 50 mins ago  » 
    Is there. a reason I shouldn’t use a Scart lead ? It’s what I’ve always done with my digi boxes....

No reason not to use a SCART lead but using an HDMI cable will give much better picture quality.

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 11:46:05 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Dean1811 - 50 mins ago  » 

The box has a much higher digital quality output provided your TV has HDMI input sockets, which your smart TV certainly will have. . Use a HDMI cable. Scart is analogue and unless your TV supports RGB it's the worst possible quality.

HDMI will give you a High Definition 1920 a 1080 pixel when tuned to a HD channel and connected by HDMI.

If you use scart a HD channel will be downscaled to 720 x 576 pixels and the TV will then upscale to whatever it's screen is. Either Full HD or 4K if it's a UHD model. The double scaling loses all the picture quality.

Home bargains have a good quality very cheap high speed hdmi cables

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 11:48:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If my memory is correct, I believe that the 2000t comes with an hdmi cable in the box?

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:33:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Dean1811 - 2 hours ago  » 
    The problem I have is that the next day the Humax will not communicate with the tv unless I unplug the digi box and then plug it back in.

Instead of unplugging the HDR-2000T have you tried to use the 'source' button on the TV's remote control? Even when using an HDMI cable you may need to do that occasionally.

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 13:49:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Dean1811 - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi
    I have a new smart tv and a new Humax HDD 2000T. They are connected by Scart. I put both into standby at night. The problem I have is that the next day the Humax will not communicate with the tv unless I unplug the digi box and then plug it back in.
    Dean

SCART? Hahaha. That reminds me of the Not The Nine O'Clock News sketch of a man in a HiFi shop asking for a "gramophone", the punchline being him being asked if he'd also like a paper bag over his head and slimline salad dressing.

| Sun 29 Sep 2019 11:30:26 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.