My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T DLNA head scratcher

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 40 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I have done a bit more research on this issue Damian which has left me more puzzled.
    When I have looked again at the material attempting to play from the 2000T to my HWT120, I have noticed a slight jerkiness with the video playback, almost like a slow-mo effect. This appears to happen in sync with the short bursts of audio.
    Now one might conclude that this is a bandwidth issue either with the 2000T or the HWT120 or even the Homeplugs. However, the HWT120 will quite happily stream HD material to my TV without any buffering problems. The 2000T will play HD material streamed from my NAS. Just to be on the safe side I have even swapped the Homeplugs around.
    It doesn't matter what I do (I have tried disabling an re-enabling DLNA on both machines) material streamed from the 2000T to the HWT120 simply won't play properly.
    I am going to try streaming from the HWT120 to the 2000T later (when the 120 has finished recording a programme).

What framerate is the content you are having issues with ?

It's all content from the 2000T to the Panasonic - all SD, 4.3, 16.9, nothing plays at all or least ways not properly. I don't have the actual framerate info handy.

Just had chance to try streaming from the HWT120 to the 2000T. Programmes accessed and streamed from the Panasonic to the Humax play flawlessly, no buffering no jerkiness, full clear audio.

So it is streaming in reverse that is the issue - anyone? Has to be a compatibility issue surely though which machine is the villain?

| Tue 17 Mar 2015 17:08:09 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 28 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 40 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I have done a bit more research on this issue Damian which has left me more puzzled.
    When I have looked again at the material attempting to play from the 2000T to my HWT120, I have noticed a slight jerkiness with the video playback, almost like a slow-mo effect. This appears to happen in sync with the short bursts of audio.
    Now one might conclude that this is a bandwidth issue either with the 2000T or the HWT120 or even the Homeplugs. However, the HWT120 will quite happily stream HD material to my TV without any buffering problems. The 2000T will play HD material streamed from my NAS. Just to be on the safe side I have even swapped the Homeplugs around.
    It doesn't matter what I do (I have tried disabling an re-enabling DLNA on both machines) material streamed from the 2000T to the HWT120 simply won't play properly.
    I am going to try streaming from the HWT120 to the 2000T later (when the 120 has finished recording a programme).

What framerate is the content you are having issues with ?

It's all content from the 2000T to the Panasonic - all SD, 4.3, 16.9, nothing plays at all or least ways not properly. I don't have the actual framerate info handy.
    Just had chance to try streaming from the HWT120 to the 2000T. Programmes accessed and streamed from the Panasonic to the Humax play flawlessly, no buffering no jerkiness, full clear audio.
    So it is streaming in reverse that is the issue - anyone? Has to be a compatibility issue surely though which machine is the villain?

It will be 576i 25fps (50 fields/second). I was wondering if you were trying to stream 24fps content.

| Tue 17 Mar 2015 17:37:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

To sum up I have basically had to give up with getting material from the 2000T to play via DLNA on the HWT120 - it's just not going to happen.

The HWT120 will play just about anything I throw at it from other sources over the Network with the exception of the Humax 2000T.

The 2000T will play anything I throw at it using DLNA 'including programmes stored on the HWT120'.

I can see both machines on my Windows computer and I can play media from both machines over the network on the computer.

I can copy files from the 2000T to a USB HDD and play them on the computer. However, I cannot play those files on the Panasonic as the Panny will wipe the HDD before use and reformat with it's own proprietary software for the exclusive use on the Panasonic.

I might be able to stream to the Laptop from the 2000T and plug the Laptop via HDMI into the TV where the HWT120 is located. However, quite frankly by the time I have done all that I would basically have lost the will to live.

Do you ever get the feeling the Gods are against you?

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 11:44:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Have you concidered a pact with the devil or extending your current term?

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 13:29:43 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    To sum up I have basically had to give up with getting material from the 2000T to play via DLNA on the HWT120 - it's just not going to happen.
    The HWT120 will play just about anything I throw at it from other sources over the Network with the exception of the Humax 2000T.
    The 2000T will play anything I throw at it using DLNA 'including programmes stored on the HWT120'.
    I can see both machines on my Windows computer and I can play media from both machines over the network on the computer.
    I can copy files from the 2000T to a USB HDD and play them on the computer. However, I cannot play those files on the Panasonic as the Panny will wipe the HDD before use and reformat with it's own proprietary software for the exclusive use on the Panasonic.
    I might be able to stream to the Laptop from the 2000T and plug the Laptop via HDMI into the TV where the HWT120 is located. However, quite frankly by the time I have done all that I would basically have lost the will to live.

My Panasonic has a media player app, and only one of the usb sockets allows recording. You can attach a usb drive and play back files using any of the other usb ports.

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 13:43:07 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Luke - 17 minutes ago  » 

Have you concidered a pact with the devil or extending your current term?

Additional soul per month for HD, I should think.

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 13:49:17 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 34 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

My Panasonic has a media player app, and only one of the usb sockets allows recording. You can attach a usb drive and play back files using any of the other usb ports.

All I wanted to do was playback the copied file from the 2000T but the Panasonic won't let you do that. It will format the disk for copying/archiving files only it appears

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 14:19:11 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Slightly off topic. If I access the Humax from my PC and select a file, I get a 'download bar' and nothing happens until the selected programme has downloaded.

Once downloaded, the programme starts to play. Does anyone know if the programme is actually downloaded or just goes into a temporary buffer on the computer? If it is actually downloading the file then I don't know where it puts them as I've scoured the computers HDD but cannot find any downloaded file.

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 16:40:34 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

It gets downloaded and will be saved to your PC's hard drive. Depending on the windows (I assume) version you may not even have permissions to find it, it will be there somewhere though. It'll depend on which application you used to select the file, normally the application/program can be configured to use a default or user defined temporary directory to save the file to.

Just to be 100% sure about some of the previous posts, you only have two homeplugs with single ethernet connections when you did the homeplug test?

when you tried the humax and hwt120 in the gigabit switch (which I assume isn't a router), there definitely wasn't any other cables whatsoever also connected except for power, i.e. no router, nothing, just two ethernet cables and the dlna server and viera link had been switched off on both the tv and hwt120, all rebooted and not going through a hdmi hub, but hdmi direct to the tv?

If so then there's clearly a problem with the humax -> hwt120 that I don't believe can be solved. I can't help feeling though that there may have been a hdmi, network, router, nas etc. connection you may have forgotten about (just hoping there's something missed and it can be got to work). If not, sorry you're having these issues, modern gadgets are just getting too clever and trying too hard for their own good

| Wed 18 Mar 2015 23:30:13 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

damian - 21 hours ago  » 
    It gets downloaded and will be saved to your PC's hard drive. Depending on the windows (I assume) version you may not even have permissions to find it, it will be there somewhere though. It'll depend on which application you used to select the file, normally the application/program can be configured to use a default or user defined temporary directory to save the file to.
    Just to be 100% sure about some of the previous posts, you only have two homeplugs with single ethernet connections when you did the homeplug test?
    when you tried the humax and hwt120 in the gigabit switch (which I assume isn't a router), there definitely wasn't any other cables whatsoever also connected except for power, i.e. no router, nothing, just two ethernet cables and the dlna server and viera link had been switched off on both the tv and hwt120, all rebooted and not going through a hdmi hub, but hdmi direct to the tv?
    If so then there's clearly a problem with the humax -> hwt120 that I don't believe can be solved. I can't help feeling though that there may have been a hdmi, network, router, nas etc. connection you may have forgotten about (just hoping there's something missed and it can be got to work). If not, sorry you're having these issues, modern gadgets are just getting too clever and trying too hard for their own good

Well 3 Homeplugs if you count the one that connects to the router itself. Other than that the 2 PVRs were the only devices on the Network.

I intend to copy a programme off the Humax onto a thumb drive and plug that into the TV. As the HWT120 can play files from the TV over the network it will be interesting to see if it plays the file OK.

I'm still puzzled as to why the Humax causes signal break up of the TVs own tuner now I have gone back to using pass through from the Humax. Although it's now better with the HDMI hub out of the equation I cannot eliminate it completely. It comes in two tranches, the first is as the Humax comes out of standby and the next is around 10 seconds later as the boot sequence continues.

It's only minor picture break up and there's usually a high pitched squelch with the second break up. It has been like this since day one. I should probably return it for Humax to ponder over.

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 21:32:11 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.