My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T DLNA head scratcher

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Faust - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Well 3 Homeplugs if you count the one that connects to the router itself. Other than that the 2 PVRs were the only devices on the Network.

and presumably the NAS with dlna was still connected to the router (and router with/without dlna) in some way?

The 'squelch' coming from a sonos soundbar fed from the tv's optical out, the tv getting it's audio via hdmi and arc in there somewhere.

I'm glad to see you're making some progress, not too sure whether a replacement Humax would act exactly the same in your setup. hdmi hubs can be causing the audio problems, also any device with dlna could be causing problems with the streaming from humax -> hwt120 and you're not going to be able to prove that without separating and isolating parts of your setup.

I'm half inclined to suggest either borrowing another humax to test if possible or simply returning it for a replacement as that may be the easiest way to confirm one way or another whether it's the way everything is connected and setup or the humax

good luck and let us know the outcome

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 22:51:53 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

As said before Damien the only devices on the network when I did the test was the Apple router (no DLNA capability) and the two PVRs, the NAS was disconnected as was the SMART TV.

The high pitched 'squelch' is caused by the signal break up when the 2000T comes out of standby.

Obviously pass through from the 2000T works OK until the device comes out of standby. It's at this point that some process is degrading/interfering with the terrestrial signal and whatever it is only lasts moments. There are two distinct episodes though as said previously.

Given I am now connecting the device to the TV HDMI to HDMI (no hub) and with a clear unimpeded cable run the finger must point back to the 2000T as being the likely culprit.

As also said previously I really should have taken it back and asked for an exchange right at the start. Sadly I will now have to put up with a repair of sorts. How successful that might me is anyone's guess.

I will keep you posted.

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 23:39:25 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Success at long last - I decided that now I was linking the 2000T direct to the TV and not using the HDMI hub I would try the passive splitter again.

Worked like a charm, full audio from the 2000T whether I switch the TV on first or last. There was obviously some sort of issue with the 2000T being able to pick up the audio stream from the TVs optical when the TV is switched on after the 2000T or when the TV is switched off and back on again with the 2000T still active. RESOLVED

Using the splitter instead of pass-through also bypasses the signal interference issue when the 2000T boots up. RESOLVED

Now the DLNA issue. I have copied a file from the 2000T to a thumb drive and inserted that into the Panasonic TV. The TV plays it without issue. I then accessed the TV from the HWT 120 which I know can play files from the thumb drive over the network.

Result - exactly the same as playing them direct from the 2000T i.e. slight jerkiness with either no audio or short broken bursts of audio.

Apparently although the Panasonic TV can play .TS files the Panasonic PVR cannot. From what I have read this is a known issue with Humax files i.e. it adds extra streams that the Panasonic TV is not expecting and cannot deal with e.g. subtitles and text.

So after all that it is a file compatibility issue between the two machines, though only one way - bummer. NOT RESOLVED.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 11:44:16 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Success at long last - I decided that now I was linking the 2000T direct to the TV and not using the HDMI hub I would try the passive splitter again.
    Worked like a charm, full audio from the 2000T whether I switch the TV on first or last. There was obviously some sort of issue with the 2000T being able to pick up the audio stream from the TVs optical when the TV is switched on after the 2000T or when the TV is switched off and back on again with the 2000T still active. RESOLVED
    Using the splitter instead of pass-through also bypasses the signal interference issue when the 2000T boots up. RESOLVED
    Now the DLNA issue. I have copied a file from the 2000T to a thumb drive and inserted that into the Panasonic TV. The TV plays it without issue. I then accessed the TV from the HWT 120 which I know can play files from the thumb drive over the network.
    Result - exactly the same as playing them direct from the 2000T i.e. slight jerkiness with either no audio or short broken bursts of audio.
    Apparently although the Panasonic TV can play .TS files the Panasonic PVR cannot. From what I have read this is a known issue with Humax files i.e. it adds extra streams that the Panasonic TV is not expecting and cannot deal with e.g. subtitles and text.
    So after all that it is a file compatibility issue between the two machines, though only one way - bummer. NOT RESOLVED.

If you want to experiment, load the .ts into tsmuxergui. Deselect all but the Mp2 audio track (assuming SD recordings) and remux to a new .ts (It's a very fast process). Now will the file play from the HWT120 ?

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 12:17:54 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

If you want to experiment, load the .ts into tsmuxergui. Deselect all but the Mp2 audio track (assuming SD recordings) and remux to a new .ts (It's a very fast process). Now will the file play from the HWT120 ?

I have managed to find the software after some difficulty as it appears to have been discontinued.
    Not sure if I'm using it wrong but there only appears to be 2 .ts files listed as MPEG 2, 1 video and 1 MPEG 2 audio file.

I'm assuming I just select the audio file and leave the other unticked then press the remux button at the bottom? What then, has that process altered the file on the thumb drive? If so then it clearly hasn't worked because there's no change when trying to play.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 15:34:39 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 23 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

I have managed to find the software after some difficulty as it appears to have been discontinued.
    Not sure if I'm using it wrong but there only appears to be 2 .ts files listed as MPEG 2, 1 video and 1 MPEG 2 audio file.
    I'm assuming I just select the audio file and leave the other unticked then press the remux button at the bottom? What then, has that process altered the file on the thumb drive? If so then it clearly hasn't worked because there's no change when trying to play.

If there are no other tracks other than a single video file (mpeg2) and a audio track it can't be other tracks causing the problem unless you got a message saying some content was ignored (in this case remux both to a new file, in fact try this anyway as this may solve the problem). The audio track isn't mpeg2 which is a video compression codec but MP2 (Mpeg 1 Layer 2).

Surprised you had issues finding the software.

A google search finds loads of sources.

eg

http://tsmuxer.software.informer.com/1.1/

You can examine the contents of virtually any file using Mediainfo (use treeview for full details).

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

I will post details of a Freeview SD file from Channel 5.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 16:04:02 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

If there are no other tracks other than a single video file (mpeg2) and a audio track it can't be other tracks causing the problem unless you got a message saying some content was ignored (in this case remux both to a new file, in fact try this anyway as this may solve the problem). The audio track isn't mpeg2 which is a video compression codec but MP2 (Mpeg 1 Layer 2).

Surprised you had issues finding the software.

A google search finds loads of sources.

eg

http://tsmuxer.software.informer.com/1.1/

You can examine the contents of virtually any file using Mediainfo (use treeview for full details).

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

I will post details of a Freeview SD file from Channel 5.

I went to the site you provided a link to. However, it just leads you to the main site where it informs you that it is now discontinued.

I'm a bit puzzled by the radio button options i.e. TS muxing M2TS Blu-Ray ISO Blu-Ray AVCD folder and Demux, which should I select? I do get a message saying files ignored. It also tells me my files are M2TS.

When I copy the file there are three on the Thumb Drive, 1 NTS file, 1 THM and 1.ts media file. TSMuxER just takes the media file and splits that into two.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 16:26:51 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The .ts file (transport stream file) is the one you want (the others are Humax support files which only a Humax understands)

This is the data for a Channel 5 programme that has two audio tracks (the second is mono Audio Description). If present deselect it.

Choose .ts (The others allow you to create folders you can burn to Bluray or AVCHD (This allows burning of HD to DVD Blanks which you need a Blu-ray player to watch).

File Details

General
    ID : 8198 (0x2006)
    Complete name : C:\Users\Graham\Downloads\Home and Away_20150319_1314.ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 733 MiB
    Duration : 31mn 47s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 3 222 Kbps

Video
    ID : 1601 (0x641)
    Menu ID : 8500 (0x2134)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : Variable
    Codec ID : 2
    Duration : 31mn 46s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 2 826 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Active Format Description : Full frame 16:9 image
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Standard : PAL
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.273
    Stream size : 642 MiB (88%)

Audio #1
    ID : 1602 (0x642)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 4
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video : -331ms
    Stream size : 43.6 MiB (6%)
    Language : English

Audio #2
    ID : 1603 (0x643)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 4
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video : -187ms
    Stream size : 14.5 MiB (2%)
    Language, more info : Visual impaired commentary

Text
    ID : 1631 (0x65F)
    Format : DVB Subtitle
    Codec ID : 6
    Duration : 31mn 45s
    Delay relative to video : 840ms

Menu
    ID : 1600 (0x640)
    List : 1601 (0x641) (MPEG Video) / 1602 (0x642) (MPEG Audio, English) / 1603 (0x643) (MPEG Audio, English) / 1631 (0x65F) (DVB Subtitle, English)
    Language : / English / English / English
    Service name : Channel 5
    Service type : digital television
    UTC 2015-03-19 13:15:00 : en:Home and Away / en:Zac blows up at Matt and Spencer when he discovers the seriousness of Hannah's injuries and Sasha is upset when she finds out that Matt has returned to school to repeat year 12. [AD,S] / user defined / / 00:30:00 / Running
    UTC 2015-03-20 09:00:00 : en:Tickety Toc / en:Spring Chick Time: Animation about twins who live in a cuckoo clock. Tommy and Tallulah agree to babysit the spring chicks on the same day as the town kite display. [S] / children's/youth programmes / / 00:15:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-20 09:15:00 : en:The Wright Stuff / en:Matthew Wright hosts the topical debate show alongside this week's panelists Mark Little and Kate McIntyre. Today's guests is Simon Reeve. / social/political issues/economics / / 01:55:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-20 11:10:00 : en:The Hotel Inspector / en:Alex Polizzi transforms failing hotels. Alex comes to the rescue of a family-run themed hotel in Devon. (S7 Ep 5) [S] / show/game show / / 01:00:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-22 09:00:00 : en:Lazytown / en:Live action children's series. Pinocchio arrives in LazyTown and helps Robbie lie to the kids, telling them that sugar gooey lollypops are actually good for you. [S] / children's/youth programmes / / 00:30:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-22 09:30:00 : en:Dora and Friends / en:Puppet Theatre: Animation. Dora and Kate enter Puppet Land and with the help of three little pigs finish the Littlest Piggy's brick house before the big bad wolf blows it down. [S] / children's/youth programmes / / 00:30:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-22 10:00:00 : en:SpongeBob SquarePants / en:Double bill of the animation. The store is all out of square pants. SpongeBob makes an exact replica of Squidward's house so he will visit. / children's/youth programmes / / 00:35:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-22 10:35:00 : en:The Dog Rescuers / en:Documentary series. In Bristol, animal welfare officer Dan Hatfield visits an obese Staffie called Sasha. In Grimsby, Inspector Stuart Wainwright finds dogs barricaded in sheds. [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:25:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-22 11:00:00 : en:The Hotel Inspector / en:The award-winning hotelier Alex Polizzi answers an SOS call from Jon Sweeney, owner of the First In Last Out, a 17th-century pub and B&B in Winchester that has been plagued by poor reviews. (S7... [S] / show/game show / / 01:00:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 18:00:00 : en:Home and Away / en:Sasha and Matt worry that their long distance relationship will not work. Alf returns from the city and calls an end to the student protest to preserve Josh and Evelyn's mural. [AD,S] / user defined / / 00:30:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 18:30:00 : en:5 News Tonight / en:National and international news including reports, live updates and interviews. Presented by Matt Barbet. [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:30:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 19:00:00 : en:Police Interceptors / en:Crime documentary series. In this episode, Jim Woolerton's hot on the tail of a speeding motorcyclist and Jon Moon reveals his guilty pleasure when he retrieves a stolen caravan. (S8 Ep 5) [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:55:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 19:55:00 : en:5 News Update / en:National and international news. [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:05:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 20:00:00 : en:Costa Del Casualty: Benidorm ER / en:Documentary series. 51-year-old Angela is rushed in by ambulance with severe chest pain, and 82-year-old Londoner Les comes in with double vision from a swollen eye. (S 4 Ep 9) [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:58:00 /
    UTC 2015-03-24 20:58:00 : en:5 News Update / en:National and international news. [S] / social/political issues/economics / / 00:02:00 /

What you see when you add the file to TSmuxer

Attachments

1. screen_2015-03-20_15.48.47.jpg (221.2 KB, 4 downloads) 9 years old
    | Fri 20 Mar 2015 16:56:15 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Thanks Graham, very informative, especially the screen shot.

Thats exactly what I see except there is only the one MPEG-A file. When it has finished muxing I also get a warning that this is a M2TS file - is that normal?

P.S. should I leave those extra files on the thumb drive or delete them?

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 17:02:53 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham, very informative, especially the screen shot.
    Thats exactly what I see except there is only the one MPEG-A file. When it has finished muxing I also get a warning that this is a M2TS file - is that normal?
    P.S. should I leave those extra files on the thumb drive or delete them?

I would delete them, if present and you try and play the stick on a different Humax box it will throw a wobbly because the .htm and .nts files are incompatible. This happens if you try and play files from a Foxsat-hdr on a Freeview+ Humax pvr. The media player thinks it's a native file and throws a wobbly.

Yes .M2Ts is normal. .M2Ts is the file format used on HD Camcorders which use the same compression codec as HD TV (H264/AVC)

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 17:50:48 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.