My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T DLNA head scratcher

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well I have tried every combination Graham and my computer accords with your screen shots.

However, nothing makes a difference, the files will play natively or reformatted on all my devices except the HWT120.

TBH it would be just as easy to play them on my PC and connect that with HDMI to the TV in question.

I'm just as relieved that I've got the sound and startup issues sorted with the 2000T as they were driving me to distraction. It's only taken me two months.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 18:06:17 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Well I have tried every combination Graham and my computer accords with your screen shots.
    However, nothing makes a difference, the files will play natively or reformatted on all my devices except the HWT120.
    TBH it would be just as easy to play them on my PC and connect that with HDMI to the TV in question.
    I'm just as relieved that I've got the sound and startup issues sorted with the 2000T as they were driving me to distraction. It's only taken me two months.

This is a long shot, can you try changing the file extention from .ts to .mpg (.mpg is the programme stream extention for mpeg2 content and is used on DVD-Video disks) ?

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 18:18:27 #32 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

This could be a red herring, but what happens if you rename the Humax ts files as m2ts, or get TSmuxer GUI to remux to m2ts? The Humax ts format is actually m2ts as it has a 192 byte packet size (rather than 188 as a true ts file should be) and this might be upsetting the Panny.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 18:58:43 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 1 hour ago  » 
    This could be a red herring, but what happens if you rename the Humax ts files as m2ts, or get TSmuxer GUI to remux to m2ts? The Humax ts format is actually m2ts as it has a 192 byte packet size (rather than 188 as a true ts file should be) and this might be upsetting the Panny.

Nothing, already gone through that scenario.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 20:44:08 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 minutes ago  » 

This is a long shot, can you try changing the file extention from .ts to .mpg (.mpg is the programme stream extention for mpeg2 content and is used on DVD-Video disks) ?

Will try your suggestion when I get a min Graham.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 20:45:01 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

There's something very strange going on with these Humax files.

I have tried every suggestion going and a big thank you to Graham for exercising the grey matter. However, despite everyone's best efforts nothing has worked.

Finally I decided to convert the file to MP4 as I know the HWT120 can and does happily play MP4 files. After conversion I tried the file both on my PC and the Panasonic Smart TV - file played fine.

Went to play the file on the HWT120 over the network from the Panasonic TV and I immediately get the message 'cannot play this file'.

I don't know whether the villain in all this is Humax or Panasonic and whether this is some sort of anti-piracy measure but I do know that files from the Humax will not play on a Panasonic PVR whereas they will play on the Humax from the Panasonic PVR.

| Fri 20 Mar 2015 23:25:27 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have preserved with this problem (hate to let things like this beat me) and have finally got the file to play - Handbrake has triumphed where all other programmes failed, including some paid for.

The only minor fault is the lip-sync is just fractionally out of sync. However, it is a small price to pay. It does somewhat defeat straight device to device DLNA transfer I had been hoping for. At least I can now convert the Humax file, put it on a thumb drive and place that in my TV. The HWT120 can then access the file over the network.

I had tried to convert to DivX which my older Panasonic DVDR could play. However, the DivX converter couldn't even manage to analyse the file.

| Sat 21 Mar 2015 13:10:27 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 6 hours ago  » 
    I have preserved with this problem (hate to let things like this beat me) and have finally got the file to play - Handbrake has triumphed where all other programmes failed, including some paid for.
    The only minor fault is the lip-sync is just fractionally out of sync. However, it is a small price to pay. It does somewhat defeat straight device to device DLNA transfer I had been hoping for. At least I can now convert the Humax file, put it on a thumb drive and place that in my TV. The HWT120 can then access the file over the network.
    I had tried to convert to DivX which my older Panasonic DVDR could play. However, the DivX converter couldn't even manage to analyse the file.

What file container and video/audio content worked for you ? Incidentally TSmuxerGui is capable of correcting lip synch.

| Sat 21 Mar 2015 19:13:17 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 6 hours ago  » 

What file container and video/audio content worked for you ? Incidentally TSmuxerGui is capable of correcting lip synch.

I used Handbrake and tried MKV in MP4 container H.264. I have redone it again using my Mac and this time lip sync error is almost imperceptible.

| Sat 21 Mar 2015 21:04:17 #39 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.