My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

2018 new UHD capable Freesat box

(55 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Only if they acquired the Pace personnel and expertise that went into designing and making those boxes. After all these years I fear their current technical personnel may well be out of the loop.

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 7:50:52 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Hmm! that's odd. It appears my last post has been deleted. Looks like someone maybe having a sulk regarding news of the new UHD box.

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 23:07:56 #42 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Faust - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Hmm! that's odd. It appears my last post has been deleted. Looks like someone maybe having a sulk regarding news of the new UHD box.

No posts have been deleted in this thread.

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 23:20:08 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 11 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 11 minutes ago  » 

No posts have been deleted in this thread.

Very strange then Barry. I posted earlier in the afternoon and I can't see the post anywhere now?

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 23:32:13 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 1 day ago  » 
    Does anyone know who Arris is/are? What are their credentials in producing this type of hardware/software i.e. better than or worse than Humax.
    Personally I will be sorry to lose the Humax brand. The other issue of course is there's still precious little UHD material so it could be a product ahead of its time.

There's masses of info on Arris available online. They certainly look to have an impressive product line-up covering a broad range of technologies.
    Sorry to lose Humax? They haven't turned out a completely successful, universally praised (by users) product in the past 6 years. Not a one. What's to miss? I'm not at all surprised that Freesat have jumped ship. Product ahead of its time? Can only be an improvement on the mediocre, buggy, poorly featured products that Humax have been famous for recently.

| Sun 16 Sep 2018 13:31:36 #45 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

From their website they do have fingers in a lot of related industries and will no doubt customise their standard offerings for freesat to some extent.

Hopefully freesat will take advice this time.

I do hope that any offering has adequate ram and enables protected viewing on the LAN.

| Sun 16 Sep 2018 14:13:01 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I wonder if they will have a UK 'forum' for their customers? What with Barry's shock news and Freesat looking elsewhere we may well need a new home in a years time.

| Sun 16 Sep 2018 15:35:47 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 4 hours ago  » 
    I wonder if they will have a UK 'forum' for their customers? What with Barry's shock news and Freesat looking elsewhere we may well need a new home in a years time.

Really good, well designed, intuitive and supported products don't need a forum. Question is, will we get that. If we do then Humax will be a speck in history.

| Sun 16 Sep 2018 19:53:04 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 4 hours ago  » 

Really good, well designed, intuitive and supported products don't need a forum. Question is, will we get that. If we do then Humax will be a speck in history.

I don't wish to rain on your parade but this is Freesat we're talking about. Have you forgotten so quickly how they launched their own forum and abandoned it when they started to receive negative but justified criticism?

No, I'm pretty sure we will need a forum.

| Sun 16 Sep 2018 22:40:24 #49 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I had a good look over their site. They do have support pages (manuals, Q&A lists for their branded products) but nothing I could find for TP products.

They appear to me as a solution integrator and as such I would expect support to fall on the brand i.e. freesat.

I would not expect them to fall over backwards to give freesat any flexibility in their solution just simply deliver on their contract terms.

| Mon 17 Sep 2018 6:46:41 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.