My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

2tb hard drive only fills to around 500gb / 31%

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

I have a strange one that seems uncovered so far. I got an HDR1000s / 500 when they first came out. I immediately swapped the hard drive for a 2TB. I formatted it, it knows and registers a 2TB drive but records only to 31% / 32% and only bits of programmes I assume because it thinks it's full. it won't record beyond just over 500GB. up to this point it recorded beautifully and if I cull the drive by 5 or 6 hours, it'll record fine til it thinks it's full again. I've even set the recording feature to auto delete, but it doesn't appear to. it just partially records loads of stuff and I struggle to get a single programme fully.
    any ideas would be really welcome as I'm pulling my hair out.
    thanks
    tim

| Sun 5 May 2013 16:38:47 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Seen this reported once before.

I would think this is a filing system error. I also have a 3TB WD AV drive that I am filling up - currently at 78%, so bot a problem with the disk size.

Hate to say it but I think only a reformat will solve it.

| Mon 6 May 2013 6:48:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hate to say it but I think only a reformat will solve it.

Or be forced on you. Twice I have had my original 1TB drive around 60% full and had a forced HDD format. Lost lots of great recording, so I must admire your courage in filling a 3TB to 78%. Good luck. Now I watch within a week then delete.

| Mon 6 May 2013 17:14:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Interesting ! I have the HDR1000 1TB box, and had been reading these reports of disks filling up, so as an experiment, I started recording BBC Breakfast in HD every day to see how full my disk could get.
    I got to 52%, then found that SOME planned recordings were not happening. They didn't report a recording failure though.
    Maybe my box thinks it has a 500GB drive and stopped when it reached 500GB ?
    I've deleted all the Breakfasts and it's all working fine now, but will reformat and system reset as soon as practical.
    Then of course I'll have to do the Breakfast test again......

Does anyone know if Humax are working on the issue ?

| Wed 8 May 2013 10:14:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Blueberryman - 1 hour ago  » 
    ...Does anyone know if Humax are working on the issue ?

Post it here...
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/bd-p/freetime
    ...and see if you get an answer (if you're extremely lucky).

| Wed 8 May 2013 11:28:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 days ago  » 
    Or be forced on you. Twice I have had my original 1TB drive around 60% full and had a forced HDD format. Lost lots of great recording, so I must admire your courage in filling a 3TB to 78%. Good luck. .

I'm pretty certain it is a 2TB drive not 3, I have 2TB in mine and I had to format it to get the buffer working again, I don't have much faith in this PVR.

| Wed 8 May 2013 19:40:35 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Reffub - 23 minutes ago  » 

Or be forced on you. Twice I have had my original 1TB drive around 60% full and had a forced HDD format. Lost lots of great recording, so I must admire your courage in filling a 3TB to 78%. Good luck. .

I'm pretty certain it is a 2TB drive not 3, I have 2TB in mine and I had to format it to get the buffer working again, I don't have much faith in this PVR.

When did you have 2 do this, before or after the last update?

| Wed 8 May 2013 20:05:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

Reffub - 23 minutes ago  » 

When did you have 2 do this, before or after the last update?

In my case it was once before V.37 and once after.

| Wed 8 May 2013 21:14:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

The buffer problem was before the last update and I formatted the drive again post update, so hopefully fingers crossed I won't have any future HDD related problems. 

| Wed 8 May 2013 21:16:07 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

saltim

thanks guys. your help has been appreciated here. it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with the problem. I've formatted my drive and hope that by the time it fills to 500gb again, there will be a solution. fingers crossed!

| Thu 9 May 2013 5:24:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.