My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

3 or 4 Sat feeds on 1 Freesat box

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Hi All,
    Any way that you can have 3 satellite feeds going into 1 Freesat box with 3 HDDs to give two recordings and 1 live view or indeed any combo?
    If this is impossible, and I suspect it is, can you buy 3 Humax boxes, 3 x HDDs and watch or record with 3 HDMI inputs, one from each box?If this is the only possibility how does the user control each box independently using the remote or a Harmony?

Thanks for your help

| Fri 8 May 2015 16:50:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Number of possibilities. You don't really need three hdmi inputs.

1 HDR 1000S/1010s using two of the available cables. And one HB1000S using the other. Each with a separate hdmi cable to the TV. Simply select the appropriate HDMI input to watch whichever box.

All Humax boxes have a 3rd channel viewing capability while recording two depending on what two channels you are recording.

2 Rolls Royce solution, wire the spare lnb output and use two HDR1000/1010S connect as above. Alternatively use the existing cable to feed the second box. Single cable working still allows both tuners to be used.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

3 Use a Humax Freeview+ box as the second pvr.

Remote control is not an issue. The Humax remotes have 6 operating modes so you can use up to 6 devices in the same room. (I have 4).

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

| Fri 8 May 2015 16:59:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Thanks Graham. Owing to no aerial signal here, we have to use satellite so no Freeview.
    Won't pay $ky but have Freesat from $ky on the 4th feed. That leaves solution 1 as a good option as I already have a HB1000S on the third feed. So if I understand this correctly, I can buy 1 HDR 1000S/1010s and use feeds 1+2.
    I will need to do my homework and look at the link you gave me.

How does the Humax remote know the difference between the two boxes? Is here some programming to distinguish the commands.

Thanks

| Fri 8 May 2015 18:57:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DEphead2004 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. Owing to no aerial signal here, we have to use satellite so no Freeview.
    Won't pay $ky but have Freesat from $ky on the 4th feed. That leaves solution 1 as a good option as I already have a HB1000S on the third feed. So if I understand this correctly, I can buy 1 HDR 1000S/1010s and use feeds 1+2.
    I will need to do my homework and look at the link you gave me.
    How does the Humax remote know the difference between the two boxes? Is here some programming to distinguish the commands.
    Thanks

By simply changing the infra red channel the new remote uses as per the link.

| Fri 8 May 2015 20:47:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Many thanks for this help and sorry not to follow the second link. Of to play with the harmony now

| Thu 14 May 2015 10:20:13 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DEphead2004 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Many thanks for this help and sorry not to follow the second link. Of to play with the harmony now

Any particular reason you want to retain the Sky box ?

| Thu 14 May 2015 12:05:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DEphead2004

Graham, been doing a bit more work on this and am guessing that my HB 1000s cannot use your records 2 watch 1 trick you pointed me to.

Also looking up feat Humax recorders I see that such is becoming limited at John Lewis and they say restocking unlikely and Humax direct has gone. Is there anything to share here about Humax

| Fri 15 May 2015 4:50:02 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Unlike its twin tuner and feed brothers the HB-1000S has only one tuner and therefore is more limited.

| Fri 15 May 2015 5:07:47 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DEphead2004 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Graham, been doing a bit more work on this and am guessing that my HB 1000s cannot use your records 2 watch 1 trick you pointed me to.
    Also looking up feat Humax recorders I see that such is becoming limited at John Lewis and they say restocking unlikely and Humax direct has gone. Is there anything to share here about Humax

As Repassac says only 1 tuner, so unit is restricted to recording 1 and viewing 2nd from same transponder.

For example if you are using an English postcode you can record BBC1 HD and watch BBC2-HD at the same time.

| Fri 15 May 2015 9:13:26 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

DEphead2004 - 4 hours ago  » 

Interesting. Could there be a new model in the pipeline?

| Fri 15 May 2015 9:27:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.