My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000t and 2000t sound issues

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This problem is on both units.
    Sutton Coldfield transmitter, 75-80% strength, 100% quality.
    Frequency 48 includes channels such as Sony Crime (40) and Birmingham TV (7) and several others.
    When I try to watch any of these live, the picture is perfect but the sound stutters every 3-4 seconds. However, if I record these channels, the recording plays back faultlessly. The same channels can be viewed live on my LG TV with no stuttering whatsoever.
    I have manually retuned numerous times.

Any explanation, please?

| Thu 7 Feb 2019 11:04:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Curious update.
    Tested this with both units and it works every time.
    On any of the channels that are stuttering, if I pause live TV for just a few seconds and then resume play, it plays perfectly.

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 10:29:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 2 days ago  » 
    When I try to watch any of these live, the picture is perfect but the sound stutters every 3-4 seconds. However, if I record these channels, the recording plays back faultlessly. The same channels can be viewed live on my LG TV with no stuttering whatsoever.

I haven't seen this problem with my FVP-5000T and LG TV. The only thought I have is that there is a known issue with sound stuttering when playing content from an HRD-FOX T2 to modern LG TVs and so this might be a rather different manifestation of that problem. That problem was one of the main reasons for me buying the FVP. Sorry no real help.

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:55:36 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.