My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000t, moving files to portable drive.

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have only recently attached a drive (via USB) to free up some space on the internal drive.
    On quite a few occasions I noticed that files were disappearing and I thought that it was a mistake on my part. But 100% no.
    Part of the problem is that on the main RECORDINGS page there is no indication of which files are internal or external (other than scrolling to STORAGE then checking in each drive). The second part of the problem is that, on the main page if you select a file to move, irrespective of its current location, you will be offered to choice to move it to the USB drive. If you try to move something that is already on the USB drive (because it is not indicated that it's already there) it will be deleted!
    Exactly the same will happen if you attempt the same procedure from the STORAGE page.
    Third problem, there is no way to find out how much of the USB drive is used/available other than going to settings/PVR settings/storage... Why can't this info be displayed on the top right of the screen like the internal drive is?

| Sat 12 Jun 2021 7:23:32 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.