My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T needs full setup each time switched off

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CLK

Hi, I hope someone can help. I am asking for an elderly neighbour who has a 4000T. It has been working fine for a couple of years. However recently, whenever it is switched off at the mains and switched on again it goes through the full setup procedure. This means it has lost all channels and the internet password. However the terms of condition agreement box remains ticked. I have tried several times, switching it off at the mains and without exception the setup screen appears. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    Many thanks
    CLK

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 18:12:08 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

Does it do the same when left in standby, and then turned on.

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 18:32:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CLK - 34 mins ago  » 
    It has been working fine for a couple of years. However recently, whenever it is switched off at the mains and switched on again it goes through the full setup procedure.

I would guess that the Flash RAM used to store settings has failed and sadly that isn't an easily fixable problem. The options are not to turn the power off or buy a new or second hand PVR both of which cost money.

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 18:50:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

CLK

To answer your Question Brian. I asked my neighbour not to turn it off at the mains and she said she didn't but when she came to switch it on the following day it reverted to set up. So I think stand by mode overnight might cause the same problem.

Hi Martin, Thanks for your thoughts. I haven't tried the factory reset yet to see if that would make a differnce. Any thoughts? If the flash has failed and can't be purchased as a module then I may have bad news for my neighbour.
    Cheers

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 19:09:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CLK - 1 hour ago  » 
    I haven't tried the factory reset yet to see if that would make a difference. Any thoughts?

Absolutely no harm in trying so give it a go.

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 20:11:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

CLK

Sorted. After doing a factory reset the Humax now retains channels and wifi connections even when it has been unplugged. Thanks Brian and Martin for your comments.

| Mon 6 Nov 2023 9:41:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CLK - 2 hours ago  » 
    Sorted. After doing a factory reset the Humax now retains channels and wifi connections even when it has been unplugged.

I am pleased I was wrong when suspecting the Flash RAM. Glad you found a fix.

| Mon 6 Nov 2023 12:41:31 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.