My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T Remote Control

(11 posts)
  1. graham uk

graham uk

special member

4000T Our remote control even with new batteries is intermittent. Number of times we have to use the 4000T box controls.
    I have emailed Humax Support with PDF of warranty so hopefully the will supply a replacement.

Has there been Remote Control issues ?.

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:47:12 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

There does seem to have been an issue with the original RM-L03 remotes. As far as I know, and it's certainly the case with me, that the replacement RM-L08 resolved the problems. R-

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:52:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoverT

I have the RM-L08 and the FVP4000T remains one of the most unresponsive PVRs I have ever owned. The box controls have limited functionality.

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 13:00:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

The RM-L08 was subject to 100% failure when it was first introduced. Exactly as described.
    I bought one soon after it was released, put it in a drawer because it was worse than my 03.
    6 months later
    I sent an email to Humax and got a response that they had rejected the whole batch and would supply when they had mad3 new ones!
    The replacement has been working well for a year or two now so they have resolved it.

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 17:14:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoverT

Egrosvenor - 46 minutes ago  » 
    The RM-L08 was subject to 100% failure when it was first introduced. Exactly as described.
    I bought one soon after it was released, put it in a drawer because it was worse than my 03.
    6 months later
    I sent an email to Humax and got a response that they had rejected the whole batch and would supply when they had mad3 new ones!
    The replacement has been working well for a year or two now so they have resolved it.

Interesting. My RM-108 was supplied in March 2017, so is out of warranty. Was yours replaced after that?

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 18:02:04 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I had issues with the 03, Humax replaced it with the 08 which was better for about a month, and then I gave up and copied the controls over to an old One For All remote.

It's probably not much more responsive, but it's far nicer to hold and operate the buttons.

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 18:54:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

I would have guessed at very early 2017 it was replaced? Ours is a 4000T and the original is still working.
    Just wanted another handset.
    If you still have a receipt / bought direct from Humax, then I would suggest you ask. They did know there was a problem and they can only say yes or no!

| Fri 17 Aug 2018 21:23:47 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RoverT

Egrosvenor - 3 weeks ago  » 
    I would have guessed at very early 2017 it was replaced? Ours is a 4000T and the original is still working.
    Just wanted another handset.
    If you still have a receipt / bought direct from Humax, then I would suggest you ask. They did know there was a problem and they can only say yes or no!

Well I emailed Humax support and had no response so I thought I would try one of the replacement remotes that has been recommended and received very positive reviews on Amazon - the RMC3086. I have tried two different samples and neither worked - even after I did a factor reset on my box, and following several emails between me and the supplier. Very strange. The unit responds quickly to the remote control app on my phone/iPad.

| Sat 8 Sep 2018 9:56:19 #8 |
  9. graham uk

graham uk

special member

After a long delay I have received a reply from Humax.

1.With batteries out Press & Hold the Power Button on top left corner for 2 minute. This completes a static discharge.

2.Batteries back in Press & Hold the OK & 0 buttons for 10 seconds.
    You will see a message on screen. Immediately press number 2.
    This put remote into Mode 2.
    If you don't see a message on screen repeat until you do.

Will see if this solves my intermittent remote, although previously it has worked fine until it decides to go intermittent again.

| Sat 8 Sep 2018 10:15:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

graham uk - 3 hours ago  » 
    After a long delay I have received a reply from Humax.
    1.With batteries out Press & Hold the Power Button on top left corner for 2 minute. This completes a static discharge.
    2.Batteries back in Press & Hold the OK & 0 buttons for 10 seconds.
    You will see a message on screen. Immediately press number 2.
    This put remote into Mode 2.
    If you don't see a message on screen repeat until you do.
    Will see if this solves my intermittent remote, although previously it has worked fine until it decides to go intermittent again.

In case anyone is interested, there is also an additional thread that mentions the mode change idea as well as replacement remotes.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-4/page/4#post-67317

| Sat 8 Sep 2018 13:35:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.