My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T and DLNA - does it work?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BruceEmsworth

I currently have a T2000 and it works well. BUT it doesn't have a DLNA server.

What I want is to play recordings (SD is OK) on a Raspberry Pi, probably running a VLC client since that is now part of the OS.

If the 5000T has a DLNA server this should work. But has anyone got it working? Even streaming to a Windows Media client would prove the capability.

I did email Humax support but they said "I am sorry to say that none of our units are designed to work in that manner. I am sorry about that. Best Regards, Ciaran Humax Customer Support"

So that now has me worried. As I say I am happy with my T2000 and don't want to waste the £200 in an upgrade that won't do what I want.
    Thanks
    Bruce

PS I am new here, it is my first post, so be kind and helpful

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 16:08:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will record some SD and try it with VLC on a android phone.

Watch this space.

Recording Escape To the Country from the time shift buffer on BBC1 SD.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 16:17:00 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Success - able to play back partial recording of Escape to The Country Using VLC on Galaxy TAB - S2 from FVP-5000T. Note Network Server In Advanced settings needs to be on

Despite what it says in the menus, can't find a way to stream current live content.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 16:32:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BruceEmsworth

OK Great - thank you.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 16:35:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BruceEmsworth

Just loaded VLC on my Motorola E5 and it IMMEDIATELY found my NAS, Raspberry Pi OSMC machine and my Windows machine. Very impressed!

By the way, not bothered about streaming live TV. Only playing existing recordings from the 5000T.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 16:40:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobK

My 4000T (and therefore the 5000T would) successfully streams SD recordings to my Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC and to Windows Media Player on a Windows 7 OS. Neither can use the Samba share, although my Windows 10 OS can. It seems to work well, although you must set the 4000T server availability times to have some downtime or the media list does not seem to update. I have also experienced some pausing during network playback when the 4000T is busy with multiple recordings, although this could be an issue with my home network.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 22:42:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

BruceEmsworth - 7 hours ago  » 

I haven't used my 2000T for some time as it's back in the box. However, unless my memory is playing tricks I'm sure it has both server and client capabilities. It can also use FTP.

| Wed 19 Dec 2018 23:27:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apologies, posted in error. Please delete.

| Thu 20 Dec 2018 0:55:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

BruceEmsworth - 7 hours ago  » 

I haven't used my 2000T for some time as it's back in the box.

Careful; the OP said T2000 which is a Youview box.

| Thu 20 Dec 2018 0:56:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BruceEmsworth

Thanks Robk, great news - I guess I should just order a 5000T.

Interesting that you use your 5000T with an RPi/OSMC client - I currently have a RPi3 set up with OSMC (Kodi), a TV stick and TVHeadend that I use as a PVR. Only thing is I end up duplicating the recordings I make on my current Humax T2000 box! I guess I can just use the existing Kodi client to stream recordings from the 5000T....

Faust - the actual model I currently have is a "DTR-T2000". Now having read the manual, asked Humax and scanned it's open ports I am sure it doesn't have DLNA server capability - that's the main reason I am replacing it. I think the "2000T" is a different (older?) box?

| Thu 20 Dec 2018 10:29:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.