My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T disappearing recordings - sort of!

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Had a strange thing tonight.

I have several episodes of Gardeners World recorded, but when I went to replay one tonight there was no sign of any of them, or even the programme name, on the list of recordings. Thinking I had accidentally deleted them somehow, we played it on iPlayer.

Later I went to the schedule to check that next week’s episode was programmed and found the missing recordings listed, and they played ok!

I tried closing to standby, no change, followed by power off/on restart, but still no sign in the recordings list.

What is going on?

Sat 8 Jun 2019 22:53:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Right, I now know what happened, but not why.

Unexpectedly, the box had recorded a gardening programme which I had not requested last night and which was not Gardeners World (RHS Chatsworth) but lumped it in with the missing recordings, changing the name of the whole group, so I didn't spot it until this morning when I noticed that "RHS Chatsworth" was shown as having 4 recordings instead of just the one.

I can only assume it was a CRID error by the BBC, but I have no way of knowing.

Sun 9 Jun 2019 7:34:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

I also have Gardeners' World (BBC2 HD) on series link on my 5000t and it recorded last nights Chatsworth too. I wasn't expecting it to but I went to choose something to watch from my recordings and it was in the process of being recorded. Guessing it was a CRID error.

Sun 9 Jun 2019 15:45:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks for the confirmation. Did you have GW recordings seem to disappear as well, or had you watched and deleted?

Sun 9 Jun 2019 16:53:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am glad to say that having watched and deleted the Chatsworth programme, it reverted to calling the group "Gardeners World".

Sun 9 Jun 2019 22:56:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Something like this happened to me, I think it was 'Victoria' (might be mistaken but the principle is the same)
    I had a folder with Victoria in it with the series, after the last program there was a bonus, something like Inside Victoria's palace(?), this last program was recorded too and renamed the folder to 'inside Victoria's palace'

Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Oh well, looks like another odd "feature" to be aware of. I do wish that these so-called smart boxes (not just the 5000T) were just a bit less smart and a bit more controllable.

Tue 11 Jun 2019 9:46:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

For once I was up to date with GW as I'd watched and deleted it on Friday evening so I didn't 'lose' the other programmes.
    I did have something similar happen though with The Durrells- as there was an extra programme telling you what had happened to the real life people after the last series finished called something like 'What the Durrells did next' all 6 episodes of the drama series had been put in under that title so when looking through the recordings list most times when I'm looking to watch The Durrells I tend to miss it as I'm not looking for such a long title.

Thu 13 Jun 2019 9:22:01 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A1944 - 3 days ago  » 
    I am glad to say that having watched and deleted the Chatsworth programme, it reverted to calling the group "Gardeners World".

I would guess that internally the folder is probably something like the series CRID and that the title of the newest entry is used to display the folder name.

Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:25:42 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Yes, I had the same problem as Christina with The Durrells, and Jaeger with Victoria, but after I realised what had happened with one of them I used the search function to find the others, as, luckily the additional programmes both contained the words Durrells or Victoria

Fri 14 Jun 2019 19:14:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.