My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T disappearing recordings - sort of!

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Had a strange thing tonight.

I have several episodes of Gardeners World recorded, but when I went to replay one tonight there was no sign of any of them, or even the programme name, on the list of recordings. Thinking I had accidentally deleted them somehow, we played it on iPlayer.

Later I went to the schedule to check that next week’s episode was programmed and found the missing recordings listed, and they played ok!

I tried closing to standby, no change, followed by power off/on restart, but still no sign in the recordings list.

What is going on?

| Sat 8 Jun 2019 22:53:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Right, I now know what happened, but not why.

Unexpectedly, the box had recorded a gardening programme which I had not requested last night and which was not Gardeners World (RHS Chatsworth) but lumped it in with the missing recordings, changing the name of the whole group, so I didn't spot it until this morning when I noticed that "RHS Chatsworth" was shown as having 4 recordings instead of just the one.

I can only assume it was a CRID error by the BBC, but I have no way of knowing.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 7:34:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I also have Gardeners' World (BBC2 HD) on series link on my 5000t and it recorded last nights Chatsworth too. I wasn't expecting it to but I went to choose something to watch from my recordings and it was in the process of being recorded. Guessing it was a CRID error.

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 15:45:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks for the confirmation. Did you have GW recordings seem to disappear as well, or had you watched and deleted?

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 16:53:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am glad to say that having watched and deleted the Chatsworth programme, it reverted to calling the group "Gardeners World".

| Sun 9 Jun 2019 22:56:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Something like this happened to me, I think it was 'Victoria' (might be mistaken but the principle is the same)
    I had a folder with Victoria in it with the series, after the last program there was a bonus, something like Inside Victoria's palace(?), this last program was recorded too and renamed the folder to 'inside Victoria's palace'

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 8:33:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Oh well, looks like another odd "feature" to be aware of. I do wish that these so-called smart boxes (not just the 5000T) were just a bit less smart and a bit more controllable.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 9:46:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

For once I was up to date with GW as I'd watched and deleted it on Friday evening so I didn't 'lose' the other programmes.
    I did have something similar happen though with The Durrells- as there was an extra programme telling you what had happened to the real life people after the last series finished called something like 'What the Durrells did next' all 6 episodes of the drama series had been put in under that title so when looking through the recordings list most times when I'm looking to watch The Durrells I tend to miss it as I'm not looking for such a long title.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 9:22:01 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A1944 - 3 days ago  » 
    I am glad to say that having watched and deleted the Chatsworth programme, it reverted to calling the group "Gardeners World".

I would guess that internally the folder is probably something like the series CRID and that the title of the newest entry is used to display the folder name.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 11:25:42 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Yes, I had the same problem as Christina with The Durrells, and Jaeger with Victoria, but after I realised what had happened with one of them I used the search function to find the others, as, luckily the additional programmes both contained the words Durrells or Victoria

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 19:14:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.