My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Only records for one week

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Try63

I purchased my FVP 5000T on 06/2020, recently my recorder only records one week of my scheduled programs while i'm on holiday. it has the latest software UKTFAE1.03.54.
    I thought there was a problem with the HHD so I replaced it with the same size SSD but this has made no difference.

| Mon 4 Dec 2023 19:55:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Try63 - 1 day ago  » 
    I purchased my FVP 5000T on 06/2020, recently my recorder only records one week of my scheduled programs while i'm on holiday. it has the latest software UKTFAE1.03.54.

That sounds to me as though the guide is not getting updated. Do you have any thoughts about why that might be?

| Tue 5 Dec 2023 23:13:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Long shot, but are you automatically turning the power off the box while you away so that it is only on at the recording time perhaps?

Presumably it works correctly when you are at home.

| Wed 6 Dec 2023 0:33:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If the EPG is not getting updated because the Humax is left in standby and not on, or automatically powers down, you could set a timed power on daily on BBC1 followed by a timed power off perhaps half an hour later. That should repopulate the EPG. (At least for the time you're on holiday. I do a timed power on daily permanently and rarely, but occasionally do, have EPG problems.)

The fact that you use the word "recently" in your question suggests that you've been on holiday before and the Humax recorded everything. Without knowing what was scheduled then and what was scheduled recently and what other settings were/are it is difficult to say whether this is a developing problem or not.

| Wed 6 Dec 2023 9:21:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Try63 - 1 day ago  » 
    I purchased my FVP 5000T on 06/2020, recently my recorder only records one week of my scheduled programs while i'm on holiday.

Do you have recording padding time set to add extra recording time to either the start, or the end, of all your scheduled recordings?

If you do then consider setting a power on/off timer pair on a BBC HD channel every morning with a 10 minute gap to refresh the epg.

| Wed 6 Dec 2023 11:14:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Try63

Thank you all for your suggestion's. I will try them to see what works. they all seem to be a probable solution to my problem.

| Wed 6 Dec 2023 22:10:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.