My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000t record stops working all the time

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fredbloggs

I'm posting on behalf of my elderly mum.

She had a fox t2 which was fantastic, for about a decade then it went wrong.

We bought her a 5000t to replace as it seemed to be the new equivalent humax box.

Omg this thing is a pain, 2 main issues

1) very frequently it just stops responding to record commands, you cannot press record or schedule any recordings. Powering off at the wall and back on again fixes this but mum is disabled and this is a, pita, and it happens too much, twice yesterday!

2) no way to create folders and organise recordings. For mum this is a show stopper, she now has loads of recordings and it takes about 5 minutes to scroll down the list to the films at the bottom. I can't believe they've removed such basic functionality that a decade old box had!

Are either of these fixable?

If not is there a freeview recorder that doesn't suffer from these issues?

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 15:46:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

1. It's highly probable that this is caused by user error, accidentally pressing the wrong button or not waiting long enough for commands to be actuated before pressing something else in an attempt to get it to work. My 94 yr old Dad is a nightmare for this.
    2. If she uses the "search" function (magnifying glass icon) and types the name of the programme she wants, it will be listed in the "recordings" section of the results. Or, use the channel up/down buttons to scroll through the recordings list a page at a time (instead of just scrolling up/down via the control pad.

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 15:56:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fredbloggs

1) I don't think it's that, it happened recently and mum showed me and it wouldn't record. I tried it. It wouldn't record current program and when I tried to schedule something the record option was either unavailable or unselectable.

I'll suggest the search thing to her, that might help with 2,thanks!

| Thu 14 Oct 2021 17:08:28 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.