My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T series recordings fail due to power loss

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TumbleDeliver

Hello all - having a bit of a problem with my FVP 5000T, and looking for some advice.

For the last few weeks, all of my series recordings have been failing due to power loss (the message reads: "recording failed due to loss of power"). If I go to look at these failed recordings, the screen is totally black and the timestamp shows that no time elapsed (e.g. if the recording was due to start at 19:30, the timestamp will show as "19:30-19:30").

There haven't been any power cuts, etc, at these times.

What's very strange is that this problem doesn't exist for individual recordings, e.g. of one-off programmes. These record perfectly, with no problems. As an experiment, I cancelled a series record for a programme I regularly watch (which had been failing due to loss of power). I then set it up to manually record the next individual episode of the programme - and this recording worked.

I've no idea what could be causing this, so any suggestions would be welcome! What could create a "loss of power" (or the 5000T to crash...?) for series recordings, but not affect individual recordings?

In case it's relevant, I should say that I have set up a daily 15 minute power on/off timer (at 7am) to allow the EPG to update - but this hasn't fixed the problem. My 5000T has the latest available software update (1.03.54).

| Sat 30 Sep 2023 21:47:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I realise that it doesn't help solve your problem with the zero length recordings, but I have noted that the message you mention is used to indicate loss of signal, rather than power, and in most cases that I have seen the loss has just been a very brief glitch in an otherwise good recording.

Whether it would also refer to actual loss of power I cannot say.

| Sun 1 Oct 2023 13:47:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TumbleDeliver - 16 hours ago  » 
    For the last few weeks, all of my series recordings have been failing due to power loss (the message reads: "recording failed due to loss of power"). If I go to look at these failed recordings, the screen is totally black and the timestamp shows that no time elapsed (e.g. if the recording was due to start at 19:30, the timestamp will show as "19:30-19:30").

The first thing I would try is an automatic tune with the Smart Tune option off. This will delete your schedule of future recordings but I don't think they will magically start working again without you doing something.

| Sun 1 Oct 2023 14:06:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LostRoom

Same here ! Series links all end up with 0 min invalid files. Started 19th October onward.
    Situation: powered off downstream hdmi tv for 2wks,
    All series appear broken, say lost power & invalid file. Play content & screen goes blank & unresponsive.
    Power off cycles tried so far. Will do factory reset next, after checking next series link created.
    (Single record works ok).

| Tue 31 Oct 2023 12:24:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.