My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T will not switch off Sony Bravia

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quaestor

I cannot get my new 5000T remote to complete the connection, i.e. after going through the automatic code search the TV does not shut down to allow me to click OK. A call to Humax did not help at all.

| Sun 13 Oct 2019 13:20:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I think you may have misunderstood the instructions.
    After entering the search mode, you have to repeatedly press the channel up button (don't hold it pressed down) until the TV turns off and then you press OK. I am guessing that you are pressing channel up once and assuming that it will perform the search automatically, it doesn't.

| Sun 13 Oct 2019 16:37:21 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Quaestor - 3 hours ago  » 
    I cannot get my new 5000T remote to complete the connection, i.e. after going through the automatic code search the TV does not shut down to allow me to click OK. A call to Humax did not help at all.

Welcome to our forum

Use the FVP-4000T codes

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/rem_code/

| Sun 13 Oct 2019 16:37:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quaestor

Many thanks for the prompt reply. You were correct I was pressing the channel up once and waiting. However I have tried again and pressed 50 times, many more than the Sony codes listed in the handbook. Could it be something to do with the BRAVIA KD-49XG9005BU settings? The TV is new as well as the Humax.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 7:55:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Quaestor - 4 mins ago  » 
    Many thanks for the prompt reply. You were correct I was pressing the channel up once and waiting. However I have tried again and pressed 50 times, many more than the Sony codes listed in the handbook. Could it be something to do with the BRAVIA KD-49XG9005BU settings? The TV is new as well as the Humax.

The Range of Sony codes goes from 003 to 446. Pressing the Channel button increments by 1 so you might have to press up to 400+ times to get the right code. Or try the first method entering the codes directly. I have a Sony Bravia and it took some time to find the right code as I recall.

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 8:02:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quaestor

Thank you again, the 16th three digit code in the handbook worked. Happy days. I really appreciate the help with this problem. It was not intuitive, at least to me!

| Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:14:55 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.