My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T YouTube query (not the known issues)

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Quick query on YouTube on the 5000T. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make YouTube default to subtitles On? If so, how please?

| Wed 13 Jan 2021 19:33:30 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Quick query on YouTube on the 5000T. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make YouTube default to subtitles On? If so, how please?

I doubt this is possible. Based on the Foxsat-HDR with the custom firmware streaming HD content to a G2 Freesat box. what you want is the opposite of what happens on this combination. In this case you always get the AD track rather than the main audio track. And there is no way to select the audio track you need.

Raydon produced a convert files package that reversed this and runs automatically.

Guessing you can simply select the subtitles track if you need it anyway (if present). using the standard remote.

The 5000T has a bug that if you use a multizone AVR and select a live programme or recording to two destinations it always turns on the subtitles. Fortunately you can simply turn them off.

Guessing

| Wed 13 Jan 2021 20:57:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks Graham:

But sorry, but the only bit I understood of all that was the third paragraph, to which the answer is "yes" and I knew that already, but I don't want to have to keep on doing that every time we watch things.

I am only talking about subtitles, I am not in the slightest bit interested in Audio Description.

| Wed 13 Jan 2021 23:27:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.