My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick O

I am trying to run humaxrw on my hard drive. All I get is "Humax disk not found. The disk has not been initialised by Windows and disk management can see it as "Unknown".
    I have also tried in Linux Mint 64 bit which can see it but that is all.

Windows 10 64 bit.
    Any other things I can try? I know the 9300T is old but I am trying to extract the programmes on it. The disk works in the 9300T.
    Thank you

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 18:06:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rick O - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I am trying to run humaxrw on my hard drive. All I get is "Humax disk not found. The disk has not been initialised by Windows and disk management can see it as "Unknown".

What humaxrw command line are you using in Windows?

I have also tried in Linux Mint 64 bit which can see it but that is all.
    Windows 10 64 bit.

What humaxrw command line are you using in Linux?

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 18:46:08 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Have you tried using the front end GUI?
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw-gui-front-end-1

If you're happy with the command line be aware that you have to run humaxrw from an administrator command prompt.
    For the GUI just right click and 'run as administrator'

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 19:10:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick O

I have used Command Line and PowerShell. All I get as a result is Humax disk not found.I am entering the correct commands. The gui interface returns with path not found.
    In Linux I used the terminal
    Thanks for the reply

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 19:59:50 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Rick O - 1 day ago  » 
    I have used Command Line and PowerShell. All I get as a result is Humax disk not found.I am entering the correct commands. The gui interface returns with path not found.
    In Linux I used the terminal
    Thanks for the reply

You don't say whether you are running as administrator with the GUI or running from an administrator command prompt for the command line. (type cmd in the search box and right click the cmd.exe from the list and select 'run as administrator').

Also Martin asked what command(s) you were typing in. Could you let us know that please.

How is the drive connected?

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 20:10:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick O

I was logged in as administrator. The command was humaxrw in a command prompt in the folder with humaxrw. I didn't use the GUI. As I said the result was "Humax disk not found". I was using an external USB caddie. The drive was seen by the Windows disk management utility.
    My next step may be installing the drive inside the PC if you think it may help. Thank you.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 21:20:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Rick O - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was logged in as administrator.

Despite being logged in as the administrator you still need to "run as administrator". In windows 7 this would be via right clicking and selecting "run as administrator".

Rick O - 1 hour ago  » 
    My next step may be installing the drive inside the PC if you think it may help.

There is no obvious reason that would help.
    First try 'run as administrator' and then answer the questions already asked.
    Or at least say why you are not answering them! The guys are trying to help you but if you just ignore them without explaining why then you are not helping yourself.

E.g.

aldaweb - 2 hours ago  » 

Martin asked what command(s) you were typing in. Could you let us know that please.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 23:11:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick O

I'm afraid I was answering from memory. I've had a busy work schedule so will give a better answer in a few days when I can try it all again. Many thanks.

| Fri 23 Feb 2018 0:43:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick O

OK, I have tried all this again. Nothing working.
    I attach two screenshots. One of Disk Management and one of the command line as I have run it. I have run as administrator as instructed.
    May be the disk is corrupted?

Attachments

1. cmd.JPG (56.3 KB, 22 downloads) 6 years old
    2. Disk_management.JPG (85.8 KB, 19 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 2 Mar 2018 16:41:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

When you ask for humaxrw to run you need to include your request for what you want it to do. As you haven't it is just defaulting to something and its not the humax disk!
    When you download the executable there was a README file included. Read that to see how you specify the options. It states how to specify which disk it should be looking at. It contains a few examples.

Start of by trying both the following and see what happens!
    humaxrw 0: -l
    humaxrw 1: -l

| Fri 2 Mar 2018 17:09:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.