My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9150t

(22 posts)
  1. SteveR

SteveR

All timers dissapearing overnight, including series repeat.
    formatted HD, no change.
    tried uploading firmware through rs232, appeared to go but date stayed same (same version uploaded)
    Do these things have a backup battery ?
    how do i delete firmware ?
    Can a firmware chip be blanked or replaced ?
    Heeeelp !!!

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 23:09:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I don't have one of these, however...

I can't imagine formatting the hard drive would help with losing timers.

A factory reset would be the first choice, followed by a format if that didn't help and you don't mind losing the recordings.

The firmware/software is pretty old, July 2011, I'd be surprised if you weren't already on this version. If you're not then you'll need to download the latest software from July 2011 1.00.26 and try again.

There isn't a backup battery that would keep the firmware intact. The firmware will be in non volatile memory on a chip and in theory could be deleted/blanked by overwriting with zeros or replaced with expert soldering skills, however I can't imagine anybody doing this, and it shouldn't be necessary.

Check the firmware version and update if necessary, if this doesn't help then let us know what firmware you're on? have you done a factory reset? Do you switch the box off completely overnight or leave it on or in standby? Also anything else you thing may be relevant,i.e. recent changes

Double check the above and report back with more info if necessary and I'm sure somebody, who has one of these, will be able to help/guide further

| Fri 22 Mar 2013 2:34:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SteveR - 19 hours ago  » 
    All timers dissapearing overnight, including series repeat.
    formatted HD, no change.

This Humax 9150/9300 bug has been reported many tines before.
    For some using the menu option to set to defaults has helped.

| Fri 22 Mar 2013 19:25:09 #3 |
  4. SteveR

SteveR

It has the latest firmware 1.00.26
    Any idea how to overwrite the firmware as uploading same firmware still reports July 2011 install date.
    time padding is set to auto, could changing to zero help ?(series timers appear, but are gone the next day)
    Currently disabled automatic update to see if timers stay overnight!

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 3:02:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SteveR - 6 hours ago  » 
    Any idea how to overwrite the firmware as uploading same firmware still reports July 2011 install date.

You could install an earlier version of the firmware and then reinstall the latest version but I think it is very unlikely to help with the actual problem.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 9:08:38 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

SteveR - 10 hours ago  » 
    It has the latest firmware 1.00.26
    time padding is set to auto, could changing to zero help ?(series timers appear, but are gone the next day)
    Currently disabled automatic update to see if timers stay overnight!

You are overwriting the software, the reported date is the release date by Humax, not the date of installation.

By "time padding" presumably you mean the GMT Offset setting, try it and let us know but my 9200 works fine set to Auto as does does my friend's 9300.

Have you done a Default Setting as suggested twice by Damian in his post above and again by Luke?

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 13:51:52 #6 |
  7. SteveR

SteveR

By time padding, I mean altering the start and end times of each timer set.but I'm told this stops series recordings.(could be a clue in there)
    Gonna do a default reset and leave unplugged tonight.

| Sat 23 Mar 2013 21:47:30 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

SteveR - 2 hours ago  » 
    By time padding, I mean altering the start and end times of each timer set.but I'm told this stops series recordings.(could be a clue in there)

time padding is set to auto

So you're talking about padding reservations, there is no 'Auto' setting. Are looking in the correct section of the menu.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 0:41:26 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Biggles - 1 hour ago  » 

SteveR - 2 hours ago  » 

time padding is set to auto

So you're talking about padding reservations, there is no 'Auto' setting. Are you looking in the correct section of the menu.

| Sun 24 Mar 2013 1:44:01 #9 |
  10. SteveR

SteveR

The single timer stayed in scedule overnight after complete power unplugged overnight !
    Will try a daily scedule like "eggheads" and a weekly of something and report back as each test passes or fails !!

| Mon 25 Mar 2013 23:58:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.