My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9150t

(22 posts)
  1. SteveR

SteveR

Sorry, it's schedule (My English teacher will be turning in her grave)

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 5:27:31 #11 |
  2. SteveR

SteveR

A single timer stayed and recorded overnight, but putting in more, results in all being deleted.
    Anything I want for the day has to be put in manually each day.
    Does anyone have any idea what mode the unit would be in overnight to delete timers ?
    I suspect firmware auto check blanking nv ram ready for new firmware that never comes ???
    Could a faulty cap cause this ???

| Thu 28 Mar 2013 6:31:10 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try disabling the overnight software update check:

Menu
    Installation
    Software Update
    Regular Auto Update - set to Disable

See if that helps

Edit: I realise you have already stated this has been done, but re-check setting.

| Thu 28 Mar 2013 8:54:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

SteveR - 7 hours ago  » 
    Could a faulty cap cause this ???

Could be, anybody's guess, faulty Caps do cause other strange issues which I wasn't aware of. Before you look at swapping the psu or replacing Caps... Are you 100% sure that you don't have any channels in the 800+ range as these will definitely cause problems.

It's good that you've tracked it down to one entry is fine and more than one then all get deleted. If Barry's suggestion doesn't help, and I think you posted that you've already tried this, then I'd be looking at what happens if it's left powered up all the time, i.e. don't let it go into standby, switch all power savings off. If that helps then it would seem that something with the psu is at fault. It'll come out of standby sometime early in the morning 3am/4am? to update itself. If leaving it on helps then switch all the power savings back on, let it go into standby, but set a daily 5min or so recording of anything to start a couple of minutes before the time it would normally come out of standby to check for updates (hope that makes sense). The idea would be to let it wake up properly out of standby a couple of minutes early.

It's going to be trial and error again over the next few days, I'd be looking at... check the 800+ channels, check disable software updates, leave it powered up over night one time, try a 5min recording of any channel 3:58am to pre-wake it up. If it is a power problem then I'd assume it'd be the main psu, however it may be something on the board so any work around in my mind would be preferential, good luck

| Thu 28 Mar 2013 14:51:54 #14 |
  5. SteveR

SteveR

took the lid off today, no sign of dodgy caps.
    no channels above 800.
    I tried a logik lpvr88 which seemed ok until i tried watching same program i was recording. Audio dropouts all over the shop.
    I'm gonna get one of those digital signal meters for £10 off ebay and see what i'm actually getting.
    There's a software update friday (5/4/13), but it is the same as the one I uploaded through rs232.
    I'll give it a go and see what happens.

| Mon 1 Apr 2013 1:04:15 #15 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

SteveR - 9 hours ago  » 
    no channels above 800.

Are you saying there is a channel at 800?

| Mon 1 Apr 2013 10:55:28 #16 |
  7. SteveR

SteveR

no, 792 was last.

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 22:23:14 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi SteveR,
    good that there's nothing 800+

Nothing will change with OTA 5/4/13 and the update you'e done via rs232

There shouldn't be any difference between what you're watching and recording. What signal levels does the 9150 show for quality and signal?

What happens if you leave it on overnight? i.e. disable standby and powered 24/7

From what I can tell so far, if switched off all is fine, when left in standby it comes out of standby at 3am and does housekeeping, software update, looking for new channels, updates epg, sets new schedulede on new epg, deleting anything older than 13 weeks from schedule etc. etc.

So, if it's Caps the we need to pre-wake it, can be done with a scheduled 5min recording or buy a £4 cheapo plugin timer and switch it off 2-4am or find a setting that doesn't delete the schedule. You're already on the latest software so no amount of updating will help. I'm not too sure whether you've done a default/factory reset. re-format hard drive is different and a factory reset after any software update makes common sense even if not explicit in manual.
    Getting it to work and then working backwards is the way to finding a workaround.
    Again, try leaving it on 24/7 or set a timer for 2:57 for 5mins

Caps can fail without bulging and it may still be something on the main board. software updates won't help, but by-passing what goes on overnight may. It's trial and error and the more information/tests/insight you can give will help

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 23:41:32 #18 |
  9. SteveR

SteveR

The bad sound was from the logica recorder, humax must have better quality signal amp.
    Digital tv meter only shows one led lit at 50 uV, but this has worked flawlessly since I've had the Humax

| Thu 4 Apr 2013 2:14:43 #19 |
  10. SteveR

SteveR

something I previously missed.I entered some series timers then put the humax into standby.
    After immediately turning on the unit and checking the timers, they were all gone ???

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 2:51:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.