My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9150T recording schedule issue

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

silvercycler

I have the same problem with the 9150T recording schedule being deleted overnight, box has been turned off at night without problems, I have tried leaving it on but the recording schedule is still deleted, any update on cure for this problem please.

| Mon 31 Aug 2015 22:40:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Old-Guy

There seems to be a common failure with the 9150: if there's a power cut, or the unit is switched off (at the wall or the On/Off switch on the rear panel) rather than being put into Stand-By with the remote or Front Panel, then the recording schedule is wiped and various settings default to factory settings. As most people seem to leave the volume on maximum and then control the sound volume through TV or audio amp., the obvious symptom of this happening is the sound being reduced to 50%.

The cause of this is loss of backup power to a flash memory chip on the front panel PCB. Power is supplied from a backup capacitor, but when I tested this, mine appeared reasonably healthy - a 2-second power cut will wipe the flash, but the backup was showing a healthy 5.1V after half-an-hour.

Humax can't/won't offer any useful help - "no longer repairable, buy a new one". I'm not impressed.

Either you live with the problem, or buy a replacement. Despite my disillusion with Humax support, I don't know that any competitor's would be any better and certainly our 9150's UI, features, and performance are vastly superior to a similar age Panasonic. Will probably buy an HDR-2000T.

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 14:40:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Old-Guy - 2 hours ago  » 
    The cause of this is loss of backup power to a flash memory chip on the front panel PCB. Power is supplied from a backup capacitor, but when I tested this, mine appeared reasonably healthy - a 2-second power cut will wipe the flash, but the backup was showing a healthy 5.1V after half-an-hour.

Are you sure about that? I wouldn't have expected flash memory to require any backup power. See for instance http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/definition/flash-memory

As far as I know (based on the work of Biggles) the super capacitor on the front panel provides backup power for the clock chip.

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 17:35:10 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Old-Guy - 4 hours ago  » 

I think this is an indication that you are barking up the wrong tree. I agree with Martin's comment above, you are looking at the backup super capacitor for the clock. I wouldn't have expected the unit's memory to be mounted on the front panel, more likely the motherboard. I would expect the front panel board to carry decoding for the switches, remote control circuits, clock and display, or lights in the case of the 9150.

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 19:16:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.