My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T - all recordings lost

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JennyJ

Hello

I wonder if someone can help. My PVR9200 decided to wipe all my recorded programmes (about 50 hours worth). I contacted Humax tech support and have been given a link httpp://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=153them and told to connect my humax to my lap top via a cable and it will download the recordings to my computer but still not sure what cable to use. I was also told by someone else that it would be cheaper to take the hard drive out of the humax and put in a hard drive case and connect with a simple usb lead. Really confused. Which is easiest and best? Thanks

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 11:59:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JennyJ - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I contacted Humax tech support and have been given a link httpp://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=153them and told to connect my humax to my lap top via a cable and it will download the recordings to my computer but still not sure what cable to use.

So they are I assume suggesting you use humaxrw (which is the only way to do it). You will need a USB to IDE adaptor such as Link to eBay seller

This comes with a separate power supply which avoids the risks of using the Humax power supply with the lid open (very easy to touch something and destroy the Humax power supply). You will have to use humaxrw in recovery mode (-r command line option).

I was also told by someone else that it would be cheaper to take the hard drive out of the humax and put in a hard drive case and connect with a simple usb lead.

That is an option; it may cost fractionally more and involves slightly more disassembly of the Humax but it is a valid alternative. If you go that route you need a case that will take a 3.5" drive and with an IDE interface. You will still need to use humaxrw.

| Tue 26 Mar 2013 13:07:00 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.