My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T clock problem

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

triumph900

Hello I read biggles post on the issue of the clock not working in standby and his solution to the problem.
    I carried out the cleaning process he described using; IPA, cotton buds and a No 2 paintbrush it didn't seem to make any difference the first time I did it. I removed the display board again and paid particular attention to getting the paint brush under the super capacitor and crystal. I reassembled the board back into the unit and found that the clock was now on in standby. There is a delay when switching the machine off, there is a number of asterix in the left hand side of the display but after a few seconds the clock is visible. I have made a number of recordings since carrying out the repair and it seems to work fine. However there is what appears to be the standard problem that the remote freezes occasionally and sometimes the main on/off switch has to be used to get the unit to work ok. I have tried to get a software update but there seems to be none available, I think the info page says the software version is .23 not sure if this is the latest version.I would be gratefl for any further advice/assistance with the remote freezing issue and software updates.
    Many thanks for reading.
    Andy

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 22:06:06 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I didn't think I'd see a post about this problem again but there you go. The super capacitor/crystal area is the most important so if you didn't clean that area well enough the first time that probably explains having to do the job again. I tried to word my instructions so people wouldn't be too ham fisted and break something. If I remember correctly I finished off by holding the board problem end down and brushing and flowing meths down the board to 'swill' off any remaining residue.

The delay when switching to STANDBY is due to the EPG being written to the hard disk, I have four dashes (---- each dash being made up of two smaller dashes) in the left of the display during this period, not sure what you're seeing, asterix???

Your remote isn't freezing, it's the 9200 having more work to do than it was designed for therefore doesn't always respond to a remote command instantly. I find just after switch-on the 9200 is quite responsive but soon becomes unresponsive until it's done all its processing chores and then it becomes reasonably usable again. Having said that I now run mine manually tuned to only three multiplexes otherwise it is really unusable.

Software version 23 is the latest software and there won't be any more versions so don't hold your breath. I've toyed with the idea of going back to an earlier version of software which will lighten the processing load on the 9200 so it should be responsive again but of course it will lose functionality such as Accurate Recording and Series Link. My PVR-8000T is very slick with its pre whistles and bells software, bit short on EPG though.

Do you ride a bike by any chance, Triumph 900?

| Tue 28 Mar 2017 0:36:01 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.