My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T Continually Loading Version a4.39

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGC

Hi

My 9200T has been down for about a year. Boots up to the OS loader and goes into please wait mode and never gets anywhere. In april, I contacted Humax who suggested I need to exchange the unit for a warranty/exchange one, £90, or they could repair it for £95. or buy a graded one for £99. Seemed a lot, so I emailed again and andrew suggested going to the download center to download the latest version of the software and do a manual update via the com port. Anyway, have been working away an awful lot, so didn't have time, even though I ordered a 9 pin com cable from ebay. So now I go to the website and the link I was sent doesn't exist anymore. There no longer seems to be any support on the website for previous products. Hence I started searching and found your excellent forum.
    I have tried downloading the Humax media Centre GUI to connect to the 9200T via COM1 on the PC and the COM on the back of the Humax, but it doesn't connect according to the software. After the software install, it said the dll was missing so I copied those to the system folder and the software started ok.
    Anyway, I have read some bits on here, and cleaned the RTC chip as advised, (no Joy) and I disconnected the hard drive and low and behold the unit boots successfully. So I assume a hard disk format is required. I still have a PC with Windows XP (32bit) on, as well as windows 7 (64bit) So assuming the XP is better, should I also assume I format without system os. Thanks in advance.

Rowland

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 22:35:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RGC - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I have tried downloading the Humax media Centre GUI to connect to the 9200T via COM1 on the PC and the COM on the back of the Humax,

If you want to update the software then the easiest route (in my rather biased opinion) is flash9200 see Link to flash9200 but unless the software version is not 1.00.23 I wouldn't bother.

So I assume a hard disk format is required. I still have a PC with Windows XP (32bit) on, as well as windows 7 (64bit) So assuming the XP is better, should I also assume I format without system os.

It makes no odds whether you use XP or 7; ideally you want to do a full format (not a quick format); it doesn't matter whether you use FAT32 or NTFS. When you put the drive back in the Humax it will format it again in the Humax format.

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 22:56:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGC

Thanks for the info Martin. That was the missing piece of the puzzle. ie the 9200T will detect and do its own format. Should have guessed. Anyway, one last question. The format is now underway, I assume I just replace the disk and turn on with all cables attached, eg TV and Ariel. Is there anything I should look for during the 9200T format, or do I need to initiate it? Thanks Rowland

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 23:33:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RGC - 1 hour ago  » 
    The format is now underway, I assume I just replace the disk and turn on with all cables attached, eg TV and Ariel.

Yes.

Is there anything I should look for during the 9200T format, or do I need to initiate it?

The Humax will detect the unformatted disk when it boots up and offer to format it.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 1:06:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGC

Unfortunately, no joy! still the same issue when I boot up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Rowland

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 1:23:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RGC - 10 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately, no joy! still the same issue when I boot up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Rowland

The disk is definitely the problem. Are you sure you did a full format on the PC ie it took tens of minutes to complete? Did the Humax offer to format the disk when replaced in the Humax?

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 11:48:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGC

Yes, definitely, I work in IT. Lol the drive came up in windows asa available. I didn't do a quick format either. However it did show in disk manager as dynamic and not basic like c, drive. When. I booted the humax, it didn't ask about formatting at all. Rowland

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 12:08:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RGC - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, definitely, I work in IT. Lol the drive came up in windows asa available. I didn't do a quick format either. However it did show in disk manager as dynamic and not basic like c, drive. When. I booted the humax, it didn't ask about formatting at all.

Something not right there. Try using a disk wiping utility such asActive @ Kill disk

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 12:52:39 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.