My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T intermittent Remote problem on FFwd

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brogden

I have a problem when trying to fast forward through the ads on a recorded program. I increase the speed to x16 and then when the ads have ended press either the play or pause button. Most times this works perfectly, but sometimes the unit doesn't respond to the play or pause command despite repeated presses and just continues at x16. I have tried changing the batteries in the remote handset. The System screen gives the following:

Hardware version: PVR9200T Rev 1.0
    Software version: PGXTF 1.00.23
    Loader: a 4.09
    System ID: 3020.0000
    Update Date: 20 May 2010
    Slot: Empty

I am not sure why the update date is 20 May 2010 as I manually updated the software in September this year after problems with the EPG upgrade, and then manually tuned to the Winter Hill channels.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. Apart from this problem the unit is working fine.

| Thu 11 Oct 2012 9:30:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I don't have a suggestion on your fast forward question but I think most people use the advert skip buttons instead of fast forwarding; much more convenient for us. The Update date is the date the software was released not the date you applied it.

| Thu 11 Oct 2012 11:06:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brogden

Ah, advert skip buttons eh. A quick bit of Googling finds an online manual - that would be the "Commercial skip" button then I suppose. I have always wondered what the buttons under the slidy-flap thingy do, now at least I know what one of them does. I will go away and RTFM, changing the habit of a lifetime . . . .

Thanks for your help!

| Thu 11 Oct 2012 12:01:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Brogden - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Ah, advert skip buttons eh. A quick bit of Googling finds an online manual - that would be the "Commercial skip" button then I suppose. I have always wondered what the buttons under the slidy-flap thingy do, now at least I know what one of them does.

There is a wealth of functionality in the buttons under the flap; you might consider permanently removing the flap and reading more of the manual. The other thing to be aware is that the size of the forward and backward skip is configurable. We use 1 minute forward and 15 seconds backward; other people find different values work for them.

| Thu 11 Oct 2012 12:23:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.