My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200t not recording unless on

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Hi there. Had my Hummy for about 4 years now and this is the first serious problem I've encountered. It is not recording items in the schedule unless it's on - example: it's scheduled to record great british menu every day. At 1915 the box powers up as usual but will not start recording...until I turn the box in for real, which happened today when I came in and it only recorded the last 5 mins. I've already missed 2 other episodes because I was out.

Any ideas? Or us it on its last legs?

| Thu 26 Apr 2012 21:36:52 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Welcome. You say the box powers up ready to record so presumably your clock is displaying the time in STANDBY? Have you done a re-tune recently, just before the problem started?

| Thu 26 Apr 2012 23:43:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Hey, yeah pretty sure the time is displayed - will check tonight. As for retunes, yes several times what with all these digital switch overs. All factory default retunes.

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 7:56:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Withnail73 - 1 hour ago  » 
    As for retunes, yes several times what with all these digital switch overs. All factory default retunes.

Do you (or did you immediately after tuning) have channels above 800?

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 9:39:00 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

If you have got channels in the 800 range then your machine has picked up signals from more than one transmitter during the Automatic Search and this is causing your problems. You need to do a Manual Search, see here.

Do confirm the clock is displaying the time in STANDBY.

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 10:57:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Just went into the channel list and the top channel is 311.

Just did a test by scheduling Dickinson on ITV+1...powered-up (clock visible), and started recording ok. Hmm.

Let's see how it gets on with GBM on BBC2 later.

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 16:07:04 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

But is your clock visible in STANDBY?

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 17:30:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

If by standby you mean the state it's in when the fan is whirring ready for record but nothing on the screen, yeah. It's also visible when off and fully on.

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 20:14:49 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Standby is the state the box enters when you press the power button on the remote from the ON state and when it has finished saving the EPG to the drive and there are no scheduled recordings due.

What Biggles was trying to ascertain is whether the clock was working correctly as if not it would have shown just 4 dashes in standby and would not wake for the recording. That does not appear to be applicable in your case.

Check you are not receiving any channels from more than one transmitter. You may need to do a manual tune - see this post here(link)

Edit2: Now corrected the link for SD manual tuning.
    Edit: oops that link is for the HD models but is basically similar on the 9200t, select your transmitter, note down the channel numbers except the HD mux and autotune and immediadetly stop to clear the channels, then manually tune each mux in turn.

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 20:45:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Cheers, will give the manual retune a go...and if ain't that?

| Fri 27 Apr 2012 21:17:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.