My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T not responding

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviesinc

Hi, I'm new here.
    We have had this PVR since 2006 so it has given good service but several weeks ago it began freezing at times, just not responding to the remote. I would unplug it and plug it back in and it would be OK again maybe for a few days. We phoned the tech guys who were brilliant. They recommended a default reset, which we did and it seemed to work for a while. When the problem recurred we did a reformat of the HD.
    Alas, the problem is still happening, so I'm about to buy a 1800 from Amazon for £139. I just really need to be reassured that we have tried everything before we take the plunge. Thanks in advance.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 17:49:55 #1 |
  2. geoffers

geoffers

I've just been through the same with my 9200T - seemed to be hard disk issues so tried a couple of spare drives but still had problems so bit the bullet and got a new HRD1800T which is excellent. See forums about software update to latest version, as it does have some issues out of the box, and you also need to have power saving on standby set to off for aerial loop through in standby (this is an issue due to power saving regs which the EU have insisted on, but humax have luckily allowed an override)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 8:38:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviesinc

Thanks for the reply. My husband has decided to send for a new remote control to see if it solves the problem. If it doesn't I'll return to this post/forum as we've never done anything but allow our PVR to sit in standby accepted the OTA updates, so I wouldn't know how to update otherwise and the aerial loop sentence has me flummoxed!!! (In the settings, is there a setting to have "power saving on standby" set to on or off? Have I understood this?)

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 9:36:14 #3 |
  4. geoffers

geoffers

Don't think a new remote will fix it- the 9200 locks up completely so even the buttons on the front don't work, so the only option is to switch off.

Yes, On the new 1800 there is an option in settings to turn power saving off, which allows the signal to pass through to the TV tuner if you're not watching programs via the Humax

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 14:44:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviesinc

OK thanks. We will see when the new remote arrives!

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 14:47:22 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

sylviesinc - 55 minutes ago  » 
    OK thanks. We will see when the new remote arrives!

Don't hold your breath, these days the 9200 is overloaded with data and sometimes takes a while to respond to some remote commands. Are you sure your 9200 is locking up or is it just taking a while to respond?

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 15:45:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviesinc

Well, it hasn't happened now for a few days. Last time was when we were watching a recorded prog and went to fast forward...it wouldn't stop! We had to start from the beginning again. Prior to that it was always on the EPG when my husband was trying to go from one prog to another using up/down buttons, it just wouldn't move off the channel it was on and the EPG wouldn't go away. I pulled the plug at the mains, put it back and all was OK again. Sod's law it probably won't happen again now we've sent for a new remote!

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 15:54:07 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

sylviesinc - 8 hours ago  » 
    Well, it hasn't happened now for a few days. Last time was when we were watching a recorded prog and went to fast forward...it wouldn't stop! We had to start from the beginning again. Prior to that it was always on the EPG when my husband was trying to go from one prog to another using up/down buttons, it just wouldn't move off the channel it was on and the EPG wouldn't go away. I pulled the plug at the mains, put it back and all was OK again. Sod's law it probably won't happen again now we've sent for a new remote!

The new remote won't make any difference, just be a bit more patient and see if the 9200 responds eventually. Don't continue to press buttons, that may make the situation worse. The 9200 was not designed for today's Freeview, it isn't going to get any better.

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 0:53:00 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

sylviesinc

We received the new remote yesterday. It feels lighter and the 9200 was immediately more responsive. It responds much quicker to commands from the box and fast forwarding is now a breeze. Hopefully it will continue to behave perfectly. Very impressed so far!

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 15:27:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gerry Chuck

I wonder whether sylviesinc's new remote fixed the problem in the long run? My 9200T has been drivin me nuts for months...

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 23:38:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.